Associate Director, Insights Consulting (Walmart.com)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1720372
What you'll do at
Associate Director, Insights Consulting (Walmart.com)
- Project Scope / Insights Partnership Strategy: Manages medium to large cross-functional research and analytics projects that support multiple business areas or categories. Develops organizational best practices and learnings on generating actionable insights across the enterprise.
- Business Partnerships: Consults with senior leadership/ business partners (e.g., Sr. Directors/Directors) to understand overall goals/functional objectives, decipher key business challenges, identify tactics to anticipate and mitigate business challenges/issues and develop potential success criteria. Focuses efforts on items that have maximum impact to the business. Contributes to business area strategic planning by providing input and actionable recommendations and solutions to senior leadership based on advanced research and analytical findings.
- Problem Solving Approach and Data Identification: Guides the development of research methodology; utilizes business and functional knowledge to structure a well-developed problem statement. Provides guidance on optimal data sources and efficient methods to gather complex and appropriate data sets for analysis. Scopes data collection process for medium to large projects and provides input on the development of data collection tools and platforms.
- Research and Data Analytics: Leads the development and execution of research methodologies and analytics to address advanced business and technical problems and support data-driven decision making. Partners with senior leadership to develop and implement research and data analysis methodologies. Manages and advises internal teams (e.g., Advanced Analytics) or third parties on business requirements, data models, and analytical approaches.
- Insights Identification: Reviews draft recommendations and analysis results, and assists less experienced team members in structuring the analysis output for enhanced clarity and accuracy. Oversees the review process with internal teams (e.g., Advanced Analytics) or third-party vendors. Reviews reports with an eye towards ensuring business relevance and applicability, and clear, accurate visualization and storytelling for presentation to senior leadership and executive audiences.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with functional leadership and cross-functional teams (e.g., Customer Experience, Merchandising) to develop consultative solutions for medium to large projects. Collaborates and partners with external business partners and vendors.
- People Development: Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Conducts performance and career development conversations, if applicable. Maintains team motivation and engagement. Mentors less experienced associates and managers.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost- effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Judgment: Make Informed Judgments - Uses relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor, and improve performance. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems, and identify and implement applicable solutions. Integrates knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions.
- Customer/Member Centered: Ensure Customer/Member Centered Performance - Analyzes data and information, and develops plans to exceed customer/member expectations. Sponsors initiatives and practices that provide customers/members with desired products, services, and experiences and that grow the business. Ensures customers/members receive the level of service that builds their trust and confidence. Removes barriers to delivering customer/member value, service, and support.
- Execution and Results: Ensure Execution and Achieve Results - Conveys a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities and achieve goals. Pursues the achievement and alignment of measurable and meaningful goals. Leverages resources and talent to achieve business goals. Ensures others are held accountable for achieving expected results. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or results are not met.
- Planning and Improvement: Ensure Planning and Improvement - Sets clear expectations, performance measures, and goals, and helps others do the same. Plans for and ensures others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to accomplish business initiatives.
- Identifies and plans for improvement in performance using key business metrics.
- Influence and Communicate: Build and Influence Team - Develops and communicates logical, convincing reasons, including lessons learned, to build support for one's viewpoints and actions. Involves others in decisions and plans that affect them, when appropriate. Recognizes and rewards team accomplishments, celebrating team and organizational success. Ensures business priorities, change initiatives, and organizational information are communicated in clear and compelling ways. Promotes the exchange of diverse experiences and ideas within own organization.
- Ethics and Compliance: Ensure Ethics and Compliance - Actively communicates, trains, and guides associates on compliance with policies and procedures. Maintains an environment that promotes and reinforces the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Anticipates potential issues and takes action to enhance compliance.
- Adaptability: Adapt and Learn - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Identifies and takes steps to improve adaptability and continuous learning capabilities in own organization.
- Social Responsibility and Reputation: Strengthen Reputation and Local Involvement - Participates in and supports community events, and conducts business in a manner that creates and maintains a "good neighbor" image. Develops external relationships and partnerships to strengthen the reputation of the company. Serves as a credible and effective spokesperson and representative for the company.
- Talent: Manage and Leverage Talent - Develops talent plans for own organization targeted at increasing effectiveness, building diversity, and enhancing bench strength. Manages roles, assignments, and developmental opportunities to maximize organizational performance. Ensures people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) lead to effective associate performance and desired results throughout own organization. Monitors associate performance and provides constructive feedback that is specific, honest, accurate, and timely. Provides learning opportunities, guidance, and support in the development of associates.
- Build Relationships: Network Internally and Externally - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Promotes a team-based work environment that respects, embraces, and values diversity in others.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior. Enters and locates information on computer.
Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer. Visually verifies information, often in small print.
Reads information, often in small print.
Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field and 4 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field OR 6 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 2 years' experience with customer analytics in retail operations or related field.
- 2 years' supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents