Manager of Business Operations
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1716947
What you'll do at
About the role
The Auto team is looking for a Business Operations Manager who will develop, lead, coordinate and execute product & project plans for the auto category management team. The Business Operations Manager is responsible for process planning & opportunity analysis, prioritization, and product & program management related activities for Auto to drive operational excellence for the overall team. This position reports to the GM of Auto.
This person will serve as the main point of contact and communication lead for the auto team on key projects. You will be accountable for successful management of assigned projects while making sure all deliverables are on time & with quality in a positive and fierce go getter attitude. This person must be able to communicate clearly, understand complex situations while being able to explain and digest in a simplistic way, understand the business needs, gather product & project requirements, set timelines, and manage cross functional team expectations.
What You’ll do
- Partner with eCommerce Auto Group category team to drive and support key projects that will enhance the digital experience on both short term and long-term projects and streamline operational processes
- Identify key business needs, quickly identifying actions for improvement with an agile mindset to roll new ideas out, test and improve
- Problem-solving approach with ability to make data-driven decisions, attention to detail and strong follow-through
- Prioritize key business needs by sizing business opportunity, and perform analytics to ensure it's worth doing
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and develop clear project plans including timelines, deliverables, value at stake, stakeholder communications, and analyses required
- Technical evaluation for all vendors and partners requiring special on-boarding requirements
- Responsible for ensuring project plan is fully up to date, recaps are distributed, and required tasks are completed on time
- Liaise with Product and Engineering, providing feedback to improve operational efficiency and workflow.
- New product & project Q/A and Testing
- Provide operational support / manage operational escalations for Auto product & projects with cross-functional partners
- Build, develop, and maintain strategic, cross-functional stakeholder relationships by identifying key partnerships across the company
- Manage relationships and communicate project information to all stakeholders at a level appropriate to their needs.
- Gather and provide post-implementation analysis ensuring we have the required resources and processes in place for long-term success
- Constantly analyze the ecommerce auto competitive landscape to understand and influence trends that are shaping the industry
- Be customer-centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences
What you should have (Qualifications)
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retail or related field and 5 years’ experience in business, retail, product, tech, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of product or project experience
- eCommerce, retail and technology experience
- Preferred Qualifications
- Relevant automotive experience
- Product management experience
Join a mission-oriented company that cares about customers and the environment: You will be making a real difference by helping busy families save money and time so that they can live better, and you will be part of a company that is using its strengths to promote the well-being of people and our planet.
Be part of a diverse, dynamic and fun work culture: Product managers, Merchants, Marketers, Engineers and Designers collaborate to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture. We’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliantly.
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents