What you'll do
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an Inventory Manager to join our team in San Bruno. We are looking for an individual who loves digging into data, troubleshooting, learning new technologies and solving difficult problems. As the Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for looking for new and creative ways to increase the performance of our ad products across WMG’s O&O properties.
You will partner closely with Sales, Analytics, Products and Technical Operations to roll-out new products, features, and integrations. You will become an expert in Walmart's omni-channel solution, using Walmart’s proprietary data, to deliver exceptional performance for our clients.
- Contribute data driven insights for developing successful sales strategies and brand performance
- Keep up-to-date with industry changes, case studies and regulatory impacts
- Collaborate with WMG teams to determine the optimal media mix solutions
- Analyze and understand inventory levers and patterns
- Identify new ways to grow inventory with our data-focused/audience-driven business
- Work with partnership with WMG Key-Stakeholders to develop and manage Programmatic Partnerships
- Collaborate with the WMG analytics team to provide weekly revenue dashboards
- Work with Technical Operations and Product to onboard new inventory and ad initiatives
- 3-4 years of experience in Digital Ad Ops or Media Buying
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience
- A great depth of understanding on the online advertising industry: desktop, mobile (web/in-app), and video
- Fluency in the language of digital media and online measurement: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, uniques, pageviews, visits, referrers, viewabililty, demo comps, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of campaign lifecycle management, ad sales process, trafficking, QA, performance analytics/ reporting.
- Comfortable working with large data sets using a variety of tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for digital media and advertising technology
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission