Sr. Programmatic Media Buyer - Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1684646
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced Sr. Media Buyer to join our fast growing operations team. We are looking for an individual who loves digging into data, learning new technologies and solving difficult problems. As a Sr. Media Buying Specialist, you will work cross functionality to deliver and optimize ad campaigns across a variety of platforms and formats. You will become an expert in driving Walmart omni channel sales, using Walmart’s proprietary data, to deliver exceptional performance for our clients.
- Manage Display, Mobile, Video, TV and Social campaigns across multiple buying platforms
- Leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data to optimize campaigns and achieve client KPIs
- Oversee media tracking and analytics set up and implementation
- Participate in media planning discussions regarding trafficking and targeting strategies and related operational issues
- Improve product performance by collaborating with the Product, Analytics and Targeting teams to ensure campaigns are structured in a way to produce optimal data outputs
- Troubleshoot delivery or tag issues with engineering support or ad tech partners
- Resolve tracking and reporting discrepancies with Analytics and/or partners/vendors
- 4-5 years of experience in Digital Media Operations, Digital Ad Ops, Digital Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in digital ad server technology (e.g. Doubleclick) and Demand Side Platforms (e.g. AppNexus, Doubleclick)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for digital media and advertising technology
- Attention to detail and the ability to think outside the box
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative, open environment
- Understanding of rich media, dynamic creative, mobile and video ads units
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents