Product Manager, Search Evaluation
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1680817
What you'll do at
Through the innovative fusion of retail, social and mobile, @WalmartLabs is redefining Commerce for the largest retailer worldwide. We are a group comprised of the brightest technologists and business people in the industry, excited about the limitless opportunities that this next generation of Commerce will bring to billions of people around the globe, all in an effort to help them save money and live better. As the idea incubator for the world's largest global retailer, we don't just build products, we create experiences. Every day is an opportunity to reshape the landscape of ecommerce while having a lasting impact on the industry. @WalmartLabs taps into the talents of online retail visionaries to design, prototype and build technology-fueled products that bridge the gap between what's next and what's best. @WalmartLabs brings together dozens of engineers, scientists and product experts to execute a cutting-edge vision. If you're fluent in the language of innovation, @WalmartLabs is a place to become a leading change agent. Join us.
WalmartLabs is looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for evaluating the quality of Walmart.com’s eCommerce search engine. The candidate will work closely with the search engineering, analytics, and product teams to design and implement experiments that quantify each feature’s potential impact to the site.
- Design and improve testing methodologies for search relevancy evaluations, including data set selection, testing strategies, and rater evaluation criteria.
- Collaborate with engineering and analytics teams on evaluation quality metrics and criteria for determining the success and regression of new features.
- Create actionable feedback from analyst and crowd judgments to improve relevance and user experience in search.
- Manage testing queue and create strategies for scaling the evaluation team.
- Manage crowdsourcing and tools tracks to compliment in house custom evaluations and analysis.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Product Management and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops and champions a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for a specific product within a product area in support of corporate goals and objectives
- Drives the product discovery process
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Supports product implementation and deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
- 5 years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field.
- 3-5 years designing and implementing test methodologies for relevance, personalization, or other predictive algorithms.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Strong analytic skills and a drive to be data driven first.
- Unwavering commitment to user experience and search quality.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to explain problems and solutions effectively to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellence in implementation, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Ecommerce experience Statistics, mathematics, computer science or other quantitative degree a plus
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents