Senior Search Evaluation Analyst
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1679504
What you'll do at
Senior Search Evaluation Analyst
Are you an avid researcher who is passionate about language and relevance? Do you thrive on analyzing search data patterns for large-scale search engines? If so, WalmartLabs’ Search Evaluation team has an immediate opening for a Senior Search Evaluation Analyst in our Sunnyvale office. As part of the Search Evaluations team, you will represent the user’s perspective as you suggest and test new features being introduced to Walmart Grocery. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include creating evaluations to test new search features, designing A/B test methods, reading into data to give feedback on important user experience issues, as well as a multitude of other tasks designed to keep the Search Relevance team running smoothly.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers on how to evaluate new search and browse features and provide feedback on improvements and regressions
- Use query logs, user data, and statistical methods to uncover relevance issues and share with the relevance team
- Analyze judgments and identify patterns from rating generated by expert raters offsite
- Work closely with the tools team to identify inefficiencies within the team and brainstorm new tools improvements to streamline them
- 2-3 years of experience in search editing, research, A/B testing or other similar field
- Prior experience with relevance ranking or scoring of computer applications
- Strong statistical and data analysis skills
- Well developed analytical skills, including experience analyzing large data sets; comfortable generating reports that identify patterns and other key issues
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with minimal input
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams, Product/ Engineers/ Data Scientists who build complex search queries and algorithms
- Persistent, results-driven attitude with a dedication to maintaining the highest level of quality
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with strong stats or analytics focus
- Strong background in designing multiple types of relevance tests or search quality evaluations
- Prior experience in eCommerce and Grocery eCommerce a plus
- Experience working with project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, testing tools
About the Retail Core Engine Team
As the nucleolus to the Walmart eCommerce shopping experience, the Retail Core Engine is dedicated to solving complex and exciting challenges that will redefine the ecommerce experience and empower shoppers. As a leader of the item product team, you will define and drive solutions that influence the behavior of our customers. Each solution is an opportunity to drive value and design features that affect millions of customers shopping at Walmart each day. Our agile team collaborates with the engineering and business stakeholders to maintain and nurture roadmaps that define an experience from supplier to customer.
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents