- Location COLUMBUS, OH
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1670453
What you'll do at
Summary: This role will manage and lead the day to day purchasing & inventory team for our supply chain operations team based in Columbus, Ohio. They will help to create, improve, and develop operational functions to increase efficiency and productivity in the supply chain.
- Process creation, optimization, and adherence to increase operational efficiency and cost savings.
- Help to drive data integrity as it relates to Purchasing and the Supply Chain in the ERP system.
- Driving and facilitating team member growth to maintain and develop internal talent
- Monitor inventory levels and inventory movement using manual or computerized inventory systems.
- Manage all department employees; responsible for the performance management, cross training, contingency and adherence to best practices.
- Confer with other department leaders and staff to coordinate inventory management activities.
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the purchasing operations and execution.
- Maintain open dialogue with other leaders to coordinate activities and improve performance and productivity.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Research new suppliers / analysis
- Procurement of raw materials, tracking deliveries / ETAs
- Assist in forecasting materials
- Responsible for inventory and data entry accuracy
- Completes/supports day to day bin transfers activity timely to fix errors and train employees on proper execution
- Monitors on hand reducing occurrences of > 1 location
- Completes physical inventories monthly and oversees weekly cycle count program
- Assist, prepare year end, month end inventories
- Analyze and investigate inventory variances, support correction actions as needed to reduce/eliminate variances
- Analyze variances, data entry, root cause analysis
- Process accurate and efficient inventory controls
- Coordinates return to vendor – SCAR process and resulting credits
- Advises on specific materials to be used as needed
- Supports / inputs receipt of material and verify against PO as necessary
- Supports initiatives to Kanban, reorder point system and FIFO material usage
- Submits material / equipment requisitions/POs as needed
- Prepares spreadsheets, analysis / ad hoc reports as needed
- Support disposition defective / obsolete materials
- Provide reports, on hand snapshots / recommended order quantities
- Support continuous improvement activities
- Serves as back up to key inventory positions
- Supports and promotes safety, good housekeeping and 5S practices
- Maintains accurate inventory levels in oracle, in coordination with production leadership
- Support resolution quality or delivery issues with suppliers
- Resolves invoice discrepancies supporting AP
- Liaison with production cell leaders in counting verification processes
- Provides input/feedback on suppliers performance
- Support MRO buying consumables, safety PPE, office supplies
- Performs other duties as required
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Organized & functions with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong client servicing and follow up skills
- Embraces change and adaptable
- Strong logic and problem solving skills
- Able to work flexible schedule
- Ability to work in fast paced, mutil-tasking environment
Preferred skills experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Oracle or comparable ERP software experience preferred
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents