Senior Technical Project Manager
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH166921
What you'll do at
We are looking for exceptional Technology Project Managers to help us build a world class ecommerce platform. The role is wide ranging in its scope and will include working on cross-functional initiatives across various technology and business areas. The role will also be responsible for defining, implementing, and measuring success of various processes (incident management, agile, etc.) across development teams. The candidate must have exceptional communication skills, and a strong technical background. Candidates at various levels with appropriate experience will be considered.
- Work directly with one or more technology teams across Jet/Walmart ecommerce to drive key technology initiatives such as improving site reliability, building out system features, etc.
- Drive the execution of projects as a tech liaison between business users, software engineering and systems engineering teams for various technology and business initiatives
- Working with other Technology Product Managers, define and implement industry standard processes across the development teams so that they can consistently deliver high quality of software, and support
- Produce and report on Initiative, Team and System metrics including systems utilization, application performance, infrastructure cost, software development cost and tool usage
- Work with our Data Analytics team to develop Service Level Agreements to be managed by the technology teams to improve reporting and monitoring across various systems
Skills & Experience
- Over Seven years of experience bulding large scale systems in distributed environment.
- Solid understanding of distributed event driven systems. Preferably experience building similar systems for a large scale business
- Experience with data analysis, and ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Experience with executing cross-functional projects without direct authority over the teams involved
- Experience in managing product backlog, prioritizing user stories, and executing projects in an agile development environment
- Must have a programming background and an ability to read and write code.
- Familiarity and a basic understanding of the modern technologies that are used in building highly scalable, and distributed systems
- Excellent organization, and collaboration skills
- Degree in a related field (Computer Science / Engineering / Management)
- Project Management Certification (PMP) is a nice to have
About Jet ( Subsidiary of Walmart eCommerce)
Jet launched in July 2015 with one mission: To use technology to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce experience — and driven by our core values of trust, transparency, and fairness, we want to make that experience more human, too. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live brilliantly. And we’re looking for amazing team members to help us get there.
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents