Senior Technical Project Manager
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH166921
What you'll do at
Are you passionate about delivering complex solutions in a fast-paced and innovative team environment? Here's your chance to do that for one of the largest retail companies and employers in the world.
Walmart is looking for experienced Senior Technology Project Managers to help them build the next generation ecommerce warehouse management system (WMS) within their world-renowned Supply Chain Domain. The role is wide ranging in its scope and will include working with various cross-functional teams across different regions and business and technology areas. In addition to strong project management skills, the role requires strong technical abilities and a high sense of ownership around delivering results.
- Drive the execution of the next generation WMS as a tech liaison between senior stakeholders, software engineering and product teams from various technology and business domains
- Drive decisions and align senior stakeholders around the goals and deliverables of the initiative
- Provide clear visibility to all stakeholders on the progress of the initiative, highlighting any risks and issues in advance
- Lead product and architectural discussions, driving teams to make the right decisions and provide transparency around roadmaps, status, risks and constraints
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on the initiative and consistently provide guidance and direction to teams on execution and problem resolution
- Actively take ownership of any blockers/impediments to deliver results within the given timelines
- Bring different teams together to collaborate on solving problems and delivering innovative solutions
- Work with Product Managers and Dev managers to define and implement industry standard processes across the agile teams so that they can consistently deliver high quality of software, and support.
Skills & Experience
- Over seven years of experience building large scale systems in a distributed environment.
- Good level of understanding of distributed event driven systems. Preferably experience building similar systems for a large scale business
- Experience driving cross-functional projects with high senior leadership visibility and interaction with large number of teams without direct authority over the teams
- Experience in managing scrum-of-scrums, product backlog, prioritizing user stories, and executing projects in an agile development environment. Well-versed with agile project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Experience with data analysis, and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Excellent organization and collaboration skills
- Degree in a related field (Computer Science / Engineering / Management)
- Experience within e-commerce and/or Supply Chain domain is a plus
- Project Management Certification (PMP) is a nice to have
- Programming background and an ability to read and write code is a nice to have.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents