Strategy and Business Development Specialist: Home Group Category
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1664972
What you'll do at
About the Role
Business Development and Partnerships:
- Builds lead lists (e.g., using Salesforce.com and LinkedIn) and executes cold outreach to a specific list of target partners.
- Supports more experienced associates in the management of vendor relationships
- Works with cross-functional teams within a sub-category or small business area (e.g., Pricing, Product Development, Marketing, Category Management).
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Provides input into tools and processes to improve business development and vendor management for a sub-category or specific business area.
- Recommends new tools or changes based on team, vendor and partner needs.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Requests feedback on own work and provides feedback to others.
- Receives mentoring from more experienced associates.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
Research and Analysis:
- Executes analyses that inform business decisions (e.g., segmentation, ROI/customer growth, conversion and retention rates, profitability).
- Conducts competitive and internal benchmarking analysis and research and summarizes findings.
- Suggests improvements to dashboards/metrics.
- Provides input into and executes activities (e.g., cross-category research, existing policy review, marketing research) in support of tactical plans to improve business performance for a sub- category or business area.
- Bachelor s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- One year relevant experience
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents