Category Manager, Baby
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1664201
What you'll do at
The Category Manager- Baby is the business owner of an assortment of household products across the suite of Walmart US eCommerce websites – including Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle and more. It’s your job to build and oversee a team to expand your business, grow its profitability, and make our sites the most compelling destination online to shop your assortment.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
- Assortment Planning: constantly expand and develop your catalog to align to market trends – and even create new ones
- Supplier Partnership: manage supplier relationships end to end – become an expert in their products, jointly create promotional campaigns, and empower them to optimize their business on our sites
- Financial Ownership: be the owner of your category’s P&L, and manage the levers that will move your numbers in the right direction
- Develop a deep understanding of current and future state of your category, and expand our catalog to play to those trends
- Plan and build your assortment across owned inventory, dropship and 3P seller channels
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to execute on your category objectives
- Manage partnerships with new and existing vendors
- Work with planning partners to optimize product inventory
- Provide feedback on site front-end development
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Build and manage a team of up to 10 Category Specialists
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change…
- 6+ years of proven experience in retail; eCommerce and consumer products experience preferred
- 3+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify relevant data sources and extract insights from data
- Sound commercial acumen; track record of developing and executing strategies aligned to business goals, and taking calculated risks while appropriately managing trade-offs
- Proven track record of establishing and developing business relationships, and in complex negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
If this mission sounds exciting to you, come join us!
Walmart Ecommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents