Technical Program Manager, API Partner Programs - Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1663171
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager focusing on evangelizing our new API Partner Program enabling marketing partners to build solutions that allow the creation, management, and optimization of advertising campaigns. We are seeking a Program Manager who will be responsible for managing partners whom are integrating with Walmart Ads API and involves part project, new applicant pipeline qualification, and partner management with this role serving as the primary point of contact for a wide range of businesses. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
- Develops program/project/release plans and timelines (usually involving multiple tracks), monitors execution progress and drives resolution to possible scope/time trade-offs
- Interface with Engineering, Business Owners on defining requirements, scope, and provide technical guidance with building client applications.
- Manages portfolio of projects through their lifecycle phases to successful completion
- Manages geographically distributed teams, off-shore development teams and third-party vendors (for example, creative alignment, integration vendors such as, content providers) for successful program launch.
- Address program bottlenecks, provides alternative resolutions and mitigation strategies with win/win outcomes
- Establish and maintain clear chains of accountability for program team.
- Conduct training and outreach to internal support teams as well as external customers
- Experience interfacing and communicating with executive, business and technical Stakeholders
- Negotiate program delivery timelines with stakeholders
- Ensures ongoing communication of progress against project/program objectives to various forums
Minimum Qualifications -
- B.S. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering - At least five years of engineering program management experience with 4+years leading and delivery programs using agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems program management.
- 2+ years software engineer development experience in eCommerce, Ads, B2B space.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to drive multiple programs and collaborate effectively with external and internal partners.
- Working Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, database (RDBMS or NoSQL) - Understands messages, http/https, file transfer protocols, JIRA, confluence and program management tools
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience a big plus
- Proven process improvement skills to reduce lead times, cycle times and defects
- Interface with all levels (business and technical members) and disciplines within the organization
- Experience with Salesforce, ServiceCloud, SalesCloud, Knowledgebase, & Communities.
- Overall responsibility for guiding the project to successful completion.
- Be primary liaison with System Integrator Engagement Manager and Project Manager, while representing WalMart’s interests.
- Escalate and resolve issues as suitable. Manage and coordinate timely access to WalMart resources.
- Understanding of what an API is and how a business builds to an API.
- Ability to independently manage a large pipeline of partners, each in various stages of development.
- Impeccable attention to detail when recording data and using data to guide decisions
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents