Group Product Manager, Vertical Search Experiences
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1654440
What you'll do at
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don't just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
Are you an online shopper? Are you an avid researcher who is passionate about words and relevance? If so, the Search team is looking to hire a Group Product Manager, Vertical Search Experiences who is passionate about delivering great customer experiences that scale to billions of queries for millions of products across Walmart sites and mobile apps.
The Group Product Manager, Vertical Search Experiences will drive product strategy and execution from inception through delivery. You will interact regularly with senior executives and lead a team of talented product managers to deliver on business and customer goals.
- Drive the product vision and roadmap for Search, which includes the systems that process billions of queries. Leverage competitive intelligence and internal data to uncover new opportunities and turn them into insights that align with company goals.
- Ensure business and customer experience strategies are evaluated through business cases, translated into product roadmaps and product specifications that deliver customer benefits, meet financial goals, and ensure that systems are setup to scale.
- Developing a high performing team. Build a culture that fosters end-to-end ownership, efficient operating reviews, data driven decision-making, strong cross-functional partnerships and willingness to take controlled risks to achieve results.
- Actively manage key business stakeholders: product reviews, performance reporting, strategy sessions, prioritization based on impact/effort, partner to support their vertical growth, articulate solutions and remove roadblocks for the team.
- 8+ years of product management experience with deep knowledge of e-commerce. MBA is a plus.
- Experience driving product vision and roadmaps with a track record of leading teams to deploy innovative solutions that deliver measurable results at scale.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis, query data, and understand root cause.
- Experience working with data scientists and sophisticated optimization models.
- Uncompromising commitment to the customer.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents