Senior Manager, Sales Training and Enablement
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1644647
What you'll do at
Walmart Media Group is looking for an experienced sales trainer who can develop and deliver a best-in-class education experience for 200+ sales team members who deliver advertising solutions for the world’s largest retail suppliers.
Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s digital advertising solutions platform for our brand partners. Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales across the entire digital media landscape. The Walmart Media Group marketing team is a B2B team supporting everything from event management to advertising pre-sales material and internal education and advocacy.
As the Senior Manager of Sales Training and Enablement, you will be responsible for the content development and delivery of sales training content in both in-person classrooms and virtual learning environments. In this role, you’ll teach sales professionals across three office locations– San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago and NYC.
This role is for someone who has a natural curiosity for all things retail and advertising. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where priorities change frequently and where demonstration of strong communication and delivery skills will be essential.
What you’ll do:
- Map out annual training plans for curriculum programs
- Collect data in order to assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employees skills and KPIs
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to define sales training and enablement curriculums for WMG products and solutions, including messaging, product positioning, target clients and buyer personas
- Deliver presentations and modules at boot camps and ongoing training programs, including topics such as sales methodology and process, WMG solutions and capabilities, tools and materials for success
- Continual evaluation of sales certification processes/procedures/ enablement content; improve training effectiveness by participating in the development of new approaches, techniques, and materials.
- Provide follow up leadership and sales coaching on sales methodology post roll out to support further adoption and reinforcement, both in one-on-one and group settings
- Drives cross-functional collaboration with Enablement, Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product and HR teams
- Manage the full life cycle of design, development and execution of training and enablement project and program based deliverables supporting sales enablement goals for the sales organization, specific roles and/or specific verticals
- Analyze performance of sales personnel to determine need for additional training
- Adhere to adult learning principles and sound training design
- 5-10 years of experience in sales training development and delivery
- Expert-level training and facilitation skills (both in-person and VILT)
- Sales enablement curriculum development expertise; deep knowledge of adult learning principles and end to end process to develop and deliver enablement via multiple deployment methods
- Prior years of B2B sales experience or sales management experience– preferably in complex selling environments
- Comfortable engaging and communicating with all levels – must be able to conduct needs assessments with sales leadership at the highest levels
- Strategic sales enablement planning and implementation experience
- Experience using learning development software a plus– examples: Campaign, Presenter, Connect
- Experience developing sales training curriculum for search, media, technically dense and/or data oriented products
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents