Planning Specialist, Men's Fashion
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1638480
What you'll do at
Agility and flexibility make our start-up culture a place where you can actualize technology innovations and customer solutions in real-time. We're bringing together entrepreneurs and other top talent to create seamless experiences for customers to shop anytime, anywhere.
<ABOUT THE ROLE>
The Walmart.com/Jet.com Merchandising Team is looking for individuals who can collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, use and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale, and – above all else – think every day about how to best meet the needs of our Fashion customers. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for managing a dynamic fashion business, team, and cross functional partners as they will be working with several groups across the organization and will have ownership over a large portion of Walmart eCommerce’s Fashion business. As a Fashion Merchandise Planner, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com/Jet.com. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.You won’t do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the “art” to the “science” of retailing, we’re also counting on you to share your Fashion planning knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
<WHAT YOU’LL DO>
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments for merchandise planning and inventory management
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Maintains and executes financial plans and open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts for Merchandise Department; Oversees the placement and validation of buys within high-growth merchandise categories and departments and ensures maximization of financial metrics (sales, profit, turns, etc.) in close partnership with the category management and supply chain teams
- Reviews sales and profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met and summarizes issues/discrepancies. Provides input on key metrics for other category teams
- Analyze and evaluate impact of key variables on business performance
- Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on business performance
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies; Reviews and approves inventory projections and buying strategies
- Manages placement of orders; Provides input into assortment, pricing and shipping decisions. Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets
<WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE (QUALIFICATION)>
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- One or more years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
- 2-4 years of eCommerce experience is preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in planning, buying, replenishment, finance or related field required
- Planners should be available to work nights and weekends when necessary to achieve specific deliverables, especially during the November/ December time frame
This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career you’re proud of. This is that place where your career is like a choose-your-own-adventure story.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents