Sr. Manager, Marketplace Key Accounts
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1631657
What you'll do at
What you'll do
Partner services is one of the fastest growing and dynamic businesses for Walmart.com. Online customers rely on us for a wide assortment of products. In cooperation with many partners we can deliver an even broader array of goods on our site, resulting in increased shopper satisfaction. Delighting our online customers definitely makes our day! Our e-commerce experts are continuously seeking new ways to deliver on our promise through new partner offerings and product growth.
The Marketplace Key Accounts Partnership Senior Manager role requires the skillset of category management, thinking holistically across all ecommerce levers including marketing, merchandising and technology, to scale 3rd party sellers on Walmart.com. The Partnership Senior Manager will be responsible for 2 large vertical businesses; managing sellers' financial and operational goals, measuring performance metrics, and building strong internal and external relationships. Responsibilities will also include optimization of assortment to improve marketplace growth, while enhancing the customer's experience. Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic thinkers, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is heavily cross-functional, requiring working knowledge and coordination with merchandising, marketing, operations, finance, and technical teams. Candidate should also understand how to drive technology enhancements and define requirements for the technology platform in order to meet business needs. This is an ideal role for a candidate who loves partner management and is interested in driving significant financial growth.
- Responsibility for 2 large vertical businesses with opportunity to manage junior associates.
- Own and drive Tier 1 Sellers annual GMV plan across both Walmart.com
- Create and manage to Joint Annual Business Plans (JBPs) by aligning financial targets with sellers, identifying assortment needs, and securing marketing placements
- Continuously monitor seller performance. Provide internal performance reporting and host regular external partner meeting to effectively communicate Seller performance and pivots
- Partner with category leads to understand assortment needs
- Develop strategies and implement merchandising programming in partnership with cross functional teams to ensure achievement of short and long term business objectives.
- Manage and drive product development roadmap requirements input and feedback for assigned partners and businesses.
- Manage and drive communication of New program rollouts ensuring that all parties are prepared to execute on time as required. Identify partners for testing and elevate gaps and risks to leadership.
- Partner with category technology product and marketing teams to ensure findability of Marketplace items
- Partner with technical support team to resolve any account technical issues
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in the Walmart.com merchandising/services area and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Ensures the alignment of multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- 7+ years experience in Retail Buying, Site Merchandising, Digital Marketing, Merchandise Planning, eCommerce Operations & Analytics or related field
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Self-directed, well organized and have good follow-up skill
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Must be able to travel for partner visits and to distributed office locations as necessary
- Online ecommerce experience a plus
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level within Wal-Mart and partner organizations; cooperative working style
- Passion for serving customers and understanding their needs
- Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, and virtual teams
- Excellent project management skills
- Detail-oriented and strong follow-through
- Positive, upbeat, can-do attitude - Self Starter
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents