Maintenance Operations Manager
- Location BRONX, NY
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1621921
What you'll do at
Maintenance Operations Manager (eCommerce) - Logistics
This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Oversees and manages productivity of area of responsibility by preparing, reviewing and/or analyzing business reports; communicating goals and managing staffing; scheduling, assigning duties and coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals; identifying associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns; and determining corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
Ensures maintenance department daily operations are performed properly by monitoring and driving department performance related to maintaining warehouse equipment (for example, material handling equipment, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, air compressors, general building repairs); and monitoring and ensuring associate compliance with state and federal regulations (i.e. OSHA, Hazardous Waste, NFPA, Storm Water, DOT, etc.) relating to maintenance operations.
Manages associates and leaders in area of responsibility by giving direction, monitoring performance and providing feedback; identifying training and development needs and providing opportunities for learning and growth; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates, leaders and managers.
Drives the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (for example, production, quality, safety) by implementing operational improvements; monitoring and tracking expenses and capital expenditures compared to budget; monitoring asset utilization; and developing, distributing, and/or maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
Manages Maintenance Operations - Demonstrates and leverages knowledge of and expertise in maintenance equipment, tools and procedures (for example, repair and installation methods) to drive quality maintenance services. Utilizes and enforces proper application of company and regulatory policies, standards, and procedures by associates throughout area of responsibility. Directs and instructs others regarding procedures for maintaining and repairing equipment and facilities. Implements guidelines and measures to maintain customer satisfaction and ensure proper compliance with maintenance related standards (for example, lock out/tag out, contractor safety).
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results.
Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
Adaptability: Quickly Adapt - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Helps associates adjust to and develop the capabilities needed to implement organizational change initiatives.
Talent: Supervise Associates - Provides specific, honest, accurate, and timely feedback on associate performance. Assigns tasks to associates that fit their skill levels and maximize team performance. Uses people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) to ensure effective associate performance. Recruits and hires the associates needed to meet business requirements. Teaches, guides, and assists in the development of associates.
- The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Moves up and down a ladder.
- Moves up and down stairs.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Squats, kneels, or crawls for extended periods of time.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Safely operates motor vehicle or other large power equipment, requiring valid drivers license or certification as appropriate.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Visually inspects equipment.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Apply sideways/upward/downward pressure to tighten and loosen hardware (for example, nuts, bolts).
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Walk within work area for extended periods of time.
- Use crossovers to access opposite sides of conveyors.
- Differentiate sounds in order to inspect and maintain equipment, identify potential hazards, or recognize safety alarms.
- Lift, push, pull, and carry tools, objects or equipment above shoulder level without assistance.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 60 pounds without assistance.
- Communicates effectively in person and by using telecommunications equipment or electronic voice control equipment.
- Visually verifies and reads information, often in small print.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, which could include, but not be limited to lifting protection, fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection, respiratory protection, chemical protection, climate protection and electrical protection such as protective footwear.
- Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring an overnight stay.
- Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays.
- Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites during the workday.
- Works or trains at multiple facilities or distant locations. (Travel of extended duration, meaning seven days or more, is not required, except for management training and emergency situations.)
- Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- May work with substances that require special handling
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Works at heights, including on roofs, on scaffolding, or in ceiling spaces.
- Moves over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Works varying shifts as required.
- Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- Work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Work in areas with high noise levels that may require hearing protection.
Bachelor's Degree in Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Production/Operations Management or related field AND 1 year’s experience in an industrial maintenance environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees OR Associate's Degree or technical school certification in a related field (for example, welding, refrigeration, electrical, electronics) AND 2 years’ experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees, managing workload.
2 years’ experience as a Walmart Logistics Maintenance Area Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates
1 year’s experience managing budgets, managing P&L, developing manpower forecasts, and analyzing financial/operational data
1 year’s experience with Industrial Warehouse maintenance processes (for example, preventative maintenance, material handling equipment, power equipment, facilities upkeep) to include project management
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents