Head of Operations, Art.com
- Location COLUMBUS, OH
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1594497
What you'll do at
Major innovations. Massive scale. Imagine the possibilities. Did you know the world's largest brick-and-mortar retailer is also one of the fastest growing and most dynamic e-commerce organizations? Led by Marc Lore, founder and former chief executive officer of Jet.com, we're creating an experience that lets customers shop anytime, anywhere — delivering exactly what they want, when they want it. Want to join the team that's changing the way the world shops?
In 2016, Walmart acquired Jet.com and began expanding its portfolio of e-commerce sites. As part of the Jet acquisition, Hayneedle.com (home furnishings) also joined our family. In 2017, Walmart added Shoes.com (footwear), Moosejaw (outdoor apparel and gear) ModCloth (women’s apparel) and Bonobos (men’s apparel) to the portfolio. Most recently, we acquired Art.com as the newest addition to our family. The result? An unparalleled selection of brands and categories, and a family of sites that provides a great end-to-end experience for customers.
We have a need for a seasoned Head of Operations to lead our Operations and Fulfillment Centers (FCs) for the Art.com business. The Head of Operations will be located in our Columbus location and report to the President of Art.com
- Oversee multiple facilities performing fulfillment and manufacturing.
- Manage, monitor and report on team performance metrics to meet budgetary goals.
- Constantly identify areas of improvement, propose solutions and implement them quickly (results driven).
- Manage relationships with various carriers (e.g., Fed-Ex, UPS, etc.), and suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with local government and safety requirements. Ensure compliance with any export/import requirements.
- Negotiate with local/national governments for appropriate tax saving programs.
- Respond to any legal issues with support of General Counsel and local legal advisory firms.
- Add new product or product types to the FCs as required.
- Responsible for adding capacity to manufacture frames and folios (machinery, staffing, training, etc.)
- 15 + years’ experience in a senior management role.
- Strong leader with a proven track record engaging and retaining talent.
- Experience in an ecommerce, or tech company a plus.
- Ability to manage high volumes of daily orders and number of SKUs in inventory.
- Expertise in distribution and manufacturing operating systems, including:
- Warehouse Management Systems
- Production Control
- Parcel and LTL Carrier Experience
- Rate negotiations
- Creative routing logic routines
- International shipping
- Familiarity with all aspects of Fulfillment
- Inventory management
- Familiarity with light manufacturing / assembly processes
- Single piece flow (B2C consumer) & batch flow (B2B), preferred
- Small hand tools / milling / cutting / woodworking equipment
- Comfortable with various lean manufacturing practices
- 5S & Visual Management, etc…
- Real passion for
- Quality management
- Exceeding customer expectations
- Continuous Improvement
- Metrics management
- Ability to translate high level concepts into actionable tasks at the floor level that deliver the desired outcomes.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form to all levels of the organization
- Willingness to attack areas of opportunity by getting the interested parties together and driving for solutions
- Project development / follow up
- Possess excellent management, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with both U.S. Corporate office and local workforces at all levels.
- Advanced degree desirable.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents