Senior Manager, Mobile Marketing (Walmart.com)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1592059
What you'll do at
Senior Manager of Mobile Marketing at Walmart eCommerce
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, and more. And we’re just getting started.
About the Job
As Senior Manager of Mobile Marketing, you will be part of a dynamic marketing team leading mobile strategic planning, digital marketing, and mobile app acquisition and retention across all channels to drive growth of the Walmart GM and Grocery Apps. You will be a key partner to the product and retail marketing teams, focused on helping Walmart define growth strategies for the mobile app within the context of our broader business and product initiatives.
In this cross-functional role, you will report to the Director of Marketing mobile growth and focus on growing our app user base through paid and owned channels and tactics. You will be the champion for app adoption, with the ultimate objective of impacting app awareness, funnel efficiency, digital marketing ROI, and customer retention.
You will work closely with internal teams (CRM, product, stores marketing, data, and finance), to coordinate on business objectives and execution, including optimizing the use of marketing technology solutions to guide strategic thinking and communications planning. As a Senior Manager, you are responsible for the day-to-day management of paid media programs and partners, maintaining engaging and productive vendor and agency relationships.
You are an experienced mobile marketer with a proven track record in effectively developing and executing mobile app strategies to generate positive results.
You are both a marketer and technologist. You love customers and making sure their needs are built into the product experience. You love supporting the value proposition that delivers on Walmart’s promise to enhance customers’ lives and save them money and time.
You have a proven track record of bringing impactful mobile products and experiences to market and delivering on growth and adoption targets.
You have a bias for action. You love to take risks and enjoy working collaboratively to create a vision and then execute on that vision.
You live and breathe marketing and can go from chatting about media plans to exploring strategic partnerships to uncovering shopper insights in one conversation.
You have a deep understanding of various marketing levers and how to use them to drive growth and profitability.
You are curious and ambitious. You are never satisfied with the status quo and are constantly looking to learn, grow, and innovate.
You’re a flexible team player. You work well with stakeholders and business partners, have great business sense, and know when to trust your gut.
Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Develops and executes a holistic mobile strategy for growing, retaining, and monetizing our mobile user audience for Walmart apps in partnership with internal and external stakeholders and agencies.
- Drafts media investment plans to optimize marketing spends and value to drive customers to download, engage with, and make purchases via the app.
- Creates strategies for new product launches and go-to-market recommendations for in-app product and in-store app features.
- Tests new consumer concepts and leverages customer insights and analytics to provide input into new marketing or service activation strategies.
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders (e.g., legal, merchants, finance/planning, tech groups) to garner support against growth strategies.
- Identifies opportunities to drive app growth outside of traditional paid media tactics, e.g. mobile app networks, affiliates, partnerships, etc.
- Actively participates in and represents marketing in cross-functional venues.
- Leverages customer and competitor data to mine insights and make recommendations on new/additional target audience segments to establish marketing channel priorities.
- Continuously adjusts strategy and plans based on campaign ROI, real-time trends, and other insights.
- Foster relationships with key contacts at agencies and partners.
Marketing Campaign Execution & Optimization
- Manages complex initiatives or campaigns in partnership with agency and internal teams, from inception through execution, including developing creative briefs, media planning oversight and approvals.
- Works closely with analytics partners and media agencies to track and measure marketing campaigns to determine success or areas of improvement for future campaigns.
- Works closely with cross-functional partners to drive mobile installs and engagement to existing user base to improve customer retention and LTV.
- Identifies segmentation, use cases, user personas, and value proposition to build positioning, targeting, and messaging to enhance sales and profits for those segments.
- Provides guidance and input on communications strategy to CRM team (e.g., Push, email, in-app messaging, social media), to ensure a consistent customer experience and brand alignment from install to activation.
- Works with internal and external partners to create mobile-specific offers and messages that are compelling, relevant and differentiated.
- Partners with marketing lead and agency on app store optimization (ASO) efforts across both the iOS App Store and Google Play to maximize install rate and rankings.
- Works extensively with data teams to build a source of truth and reporting for mobile apps through campaign, behavioral, and cohort analysis that will help us design successful engagement, acquisition, and retention strategies.
- Completes performance analysis and projections, showcasing results the team has delivered and presenting to business partners, product, and leadership.
- Stays on top of the latest industry developments in mobile and mobile marketing.
- 4-7 years relevant experience in B2C ecommerce and digital marketing, with a strong preference for mobile and digital product marketing and direct responsibility for growing audience.
- Demonstrated success with both performance and brand marketing. Knowledge of marketing disciplines: acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing and partnerships.
- Extensive knowledge in running a 360 campaign, from creating strategies to executing tactics across digital marketing channels: email, Push, social, and mobile media to engage customers and transform brand and customer experience.
- Proven leadership and ability to influence cross-functionally.
- Strong communication and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically, but also dive in to complete work.
- Solid understanding of marketing and media analytics and the ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, make quick decisions and measure impact to the business.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Well-versed in project/process management with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Sharp creative eye, experience testing and learning messaging and creative.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents