Category Specialist Lead- Home Decor
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1589947
What you'll do at
About the Role
- Manages purchase orders with suppliers, buyers and other vendors for category
- Pursues strategic partnerships with other brands and retailers for the category
- Develops best practices for merchandising processes and vendor management.
- Creates regular sales reports that analyze category performance relative to overall business results
- Reviews financial performance to determine item and category pricing
- Tracks category performance against organizational financial targets (e.g., GMV and margin)
- Enters and maintains SKUs for multiple products within category
- Begins to understand category complexity and its impact on the level of oversight and management required
- Manages and monitors onboarding and item set-up for a category, including setting up vendors, processing purchase orders and scheduling appointments with brands
- Maintains product category data to determine conversion rates for category
- Keeps up to date with product trends within category
- Identifies opportunities to improve category performance
- Masters multiple systems and sites required to maintain and enter SKUs
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (e.g., Inventory Management, Planning, Site Merchandising) to optimize product performance and develop new ideas
- Maintains full knowledge of SKU overlap and impact on other areas of the business
- Works with Site Merchandising to understand recommendations and analytics for the category
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Empowers less experienced Category Specialists to execute their tasks and make decisions
Market Positioning and Analytics:
- Manages analytics and reporting tools to evaluate product performance and make decisions about the category
- Analyzes product margins and benchmarks for all category products to assess performance against competitors
- Conducts recurring analysis to inform the category's strategic direction, including assortment, product sourcing and pricing
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Coaches less experienced team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance
- Mentors less experienced Category Specialists
- Supports training and college recruiting for Category Specialists
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Monitors online presence for products in a category across multiple websites, including product presentation and content
- Evaluates customer reviews, recognizes trends, considers recommendations from site merchandising and develops observations for assigned category
- Identifies opportunities and implements tactics to optimize online customer experience and website usability for the category
- Understands the vision of the category and how it connects to the organization's vision
- Bachelor degree in business or related field
- 2+ years experience as a category specialist or in related area such as pricing, site merchandising, planning or inventory
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents