Manager, Business Development
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1587308
What you'll do at
Our Manager of Business Development leads the acquisition of new brands for Outdoor across all dot com platforms, is responsible for developing our Marketplace business, and leads the “Have it” initiative ( expanding our E-commerce assortment to add value for the Walmart customer) for our team. This role is responsible for strategic planning and reporting, cultivating new partnerships, and driving continual progress vs our goals. This individual works collaboratively with the Category Management ( CM ) team and travels seasonally for select trade shows and brand meetings. This role reports directly into the Chief Merchant / VP of Merchandising for Outdoor E-Commerce.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic background
- 3 – 5 years of related business experience … retail and marketplace experience strongly preferred
- Experience in e-commerce retail, especially planning, buying, and / or marketplaces is preferred
- Strong systemic and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with wholesale brands and cultivate a business
- Personal attributes: Detail oriented, well organized, strong written and verbal communication skills, highly motivated, self-starter
NEW BRAND ACQUISITION AND HAVE IT
- Project Owner
- Collaborates with Sr Leadership and the CM team to develop strategy, identify new specialty outdoor and Have It Brand targets
- Helps define the calendar and leads development of goals and tactics
- Owns tracking and shares progress reports weekly
- Presents overall team results vs goals to senior leadership quarterly
- Develops and maintains pitch decks and partners with CM to present to potential brand partners
- Leads and assists CM Team with partner onboarding, from GSM to item set-up
- Maintain best practices for acquiring and onboarding new brand partners
- Requires 15-20% travel
This role also owns the overall strategy to drive growth for the Outdoor Marketplace (MP) channel
- Leads MP development for the CM team
- Leads identification and acquisition of productive new MP sellers, distributors and retailers
- Leads and assists CM team with MP agreements and new partner onboarding
- Leads training efforts for all MP partners
- Leads optimization of the site experience for all MP partners
- Develops / maintains pitch decks & other supporting assets
- Assigns Key MP partners an advocate from the CM team
- Develops and communicates MP analytics and results vs key objectives
- Partners with Sr Leadership and Category Managers to support new brand acquisitions for Moosejaw
- Conducts ongoing analysis of MP channels to identify new opportunities as well as risks
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents