Category Specialist - Consumer Packaged Goods
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1586518
What you'll do at
What you'll do
About Walmart.com and Jet.com
Work at a startup and the Fortune 1 Company at the same time: We are transforming e-commerce by combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service. We’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
Join a mission-oriented company that cares about customers and the environment: You will be making a real difference by helping busy families save money and time so that they can live better, and you will be part of a company that is using its strengths to promote the well-being of people and our planet.
Be part of a diverse, dynamic and fun work culture: Product managers, Merchants, Marketers, Engineers and Designers collaborate to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture. We’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliantly.
About the Everyday Living Category Specialist Role
The Everyday Living team covers a full spectrum of products in Baby, Household, Personal Care, and Grocery, and we are looking for category specialists to build http://Walmart.com to become the destination for American households. Our category teams are working at the heart of the Walmart Ecommerce mission; to save busy families money and time. As a part of the Everyday Living Team, you will have direct responsibility for the end-to-end customer experience on products that America's families buy every day. You will partner directly with the largest consumer packaged goods companies in the world, and also develop relationships with emerging premium brands to build the best possible assortment for the customer. You will be given tools to make changes that immediately impact what the customer sees, and with thousands of units sold per day, you will quickly see the impact of your work. Ultimately, you will own the P&L for your category and make a real impact on Walmart's eCommerce business.
Category Specialists are at the center of Walmart’s eCommerce Retail organization, playing a key role in our holiday strategy. You'll be equipped with the tools, infrastructure, and training to assist you in owning and driving a focused category.
Grow through three dimensions:
- Run an e-commerce business from day one; be exposed to retail category management leveraging your leadership, communication and analytical skills
- Be trained in all required skills, tools and systems by a dedicated team
- Be mentored by experienced leaders who will advise and help you succeed
Be part of a cohort: You will be part of a cohort of best in class peers growing and learning alongside you from day one with you. This group will become your community of peers and together you will reshape the Retail organization.
Develop your ideas: Develop your ideas internally and pitch them to leadership. Run the extra-mile and work closely with the Incubation and Strategic Partnerships team to develop the next generation of commerce ideas.
Your impact: You will be joining a mission oriented company that is striving to improve people’s lives. This role is aligned on the mission and is built on a win-win-win approach, you learn how to drive a business – customers benefit from your work – we fulfill our mission to save people money so that they can live better.
Category Specialist - Principles
End to end owner of managing the performance of your category of products
You own it: Category Specialist are the business owners for a product category. You are responsible for managing the performance across multiple sites. Your job is to blend the art with science using your intuition fueled by data/analytics and passion for helping our customers.
You drive it: World-class interpersonal and persuasion skills will be required as you will be collaborating with vendors and coordinating cross functional teams to make sure we sell what customers want. You will need to start with the customer and work backwards, decoding their needs and journeys.
You lead your partners: You work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customers, market, business and financial insights at scale.
- As the owner of your category you will be developed and trained to:
- Manage and monitor onboarding and item set up process to make sure products are available and ready to sell
- Improve navigation experience (browse/search) by managing/ enhancing product attributes and taxonomy
- Manage Item / category pages including product imagery, rating reviews, basic and enhanced content. Find new ways in which our customers can discover your products at our sites
- Optimize item and category pricing. Manage product margins and benchmark competitors
- Conduct regular analysis of category performance, identifying key trends and improvement opportunities
- Work with cross functional teams (across marketing, product and supply chain) to execute initiatives to optimize category performance
- Travel as needed
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic background
- 0 - 2 years of work experience
- Possess a Founder’s mentality and bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
- Strong attention to detail; scrutinize your business and polish the customer experience
- Strong communication and team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Open to working in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Fast learner; absorbing information and experiences and applying them
- Previous internship or work experience is preferred
Immigration sponsorship will not be available for this position at this time.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents