Director, Demand Generation, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1579462
What you'll do at
The Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising solutions platform for our brand partners. Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales across the entire digital media landscape. The Walmart Media Group Marketing and Growth Enablement team supports everything from event management to macro storytelling and change management.
We are looking for a seasoned and strategic marketer with a deep agency, events and business development background to lead demand generation for Walmart’s advertising business. You will lead a team responsible for lead generation, event management and strategic agency partnerships, with a focus on generating new business and partnerships while educating the market on our value proposition.
In this role, you and your team will lead the strategy through execution for all Walmart Media Group events including agency tours, brand summits and conference participation; you will be responsible for developing strategic partnerships with agencies to convert them to advocates for our business, developing a framework for scaling those relationships; and you will manage our small business demand generation initiative. You will partner with our brand and vertical strategy teams to develop content and positioning that aligns to the overall Walmart Media Group market positioning, and you will lead in the development of new processes and operating guides that will allow Walmart to scale our advertising business.
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Establish an all-encompassing demand generation strategy to both scale and increase adoption, utilization and market understanding of the Walmart Media Group
- Design, hire and lead the team responsible for supporting the demand generation strategy
- Establish an in-depth understanding of the shopper agency ecosystem surrounding the Walmart business and begin to establish strategic partnerships with key players in the market
- Partner with various cross-functional teams within Walmart Media Group and the broader Walmart organization to develop agency support materials and content
- Lead in an annual framework for event participation; manage the development and execution of those events in partnership with brand and vertical strategy teams
- Establish a process & ongoing management plan for small-business demand generation
- Proactively develop and manage the end-to-end demand generation framework for the Walmart Media Group
- Someone who can play at both a strategic and tactical level with deep experience in demand generation and event management
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to partner cross-functionally, build and manage relationships across an organization
- A proven problem-solver who can identify the root cause of challenge and proactively work to solve
- Experience in the advertising business
- Must be able to travel (15% of the time)
- 8-10 years’ experience in demand generation
- Managed or led B2B marketing for an advertising business
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents