Associate, Partnerships- Project Franklin
- Location LONG ISLAND CITY, NY
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1566257
What you'll do at
About Store No.8:
Store No.8 was founded on the belief that the future of commerce is being shaped today. Powered by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart, we identify and invest in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. We have several game-changing startups, some publicly known such as JetBlack and Spatialand, which are helping us to get to this goal.
About the Role:
As our Partnerships Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to help procure a variety of vendor and partner relationships for our inaugural launch. You will support existing relationships with partners that help our physical and digital products succeed in local markets. You will be a member of the team in acquiring new business partners (with an emphasis on process management) and will be the liaison between specific signed partners and internal stakeholders (with an emphasis on account management).
Additionally, you will help identify business initiatives that will develop and scale our business in key markets. We're looking for someone who has a mix of operational prowess to get great work done, collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from our partners, and innovative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions. This is an ideal role for someone who can think strategically but is also very good at rolling up their sleeves to get stuff done. Show us you have a unique mind, are a creative thinker, and can support your arguments with data-driven logic.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner Management: Support a growing portfolio of current partner relationships and manage onboarding of new partners.
- Partnerships Team Member: Collaborate with the internal marketing and partnerships team to identify new areas of growth and opportunity; undertake certain strategic initiatives to help us scale in local markets.
- Support Senior Leadership: Utilize data on current and potential business initiatives to ensure effective decision-making.
- Business Analysis / Project Management / Account Management: Ability to shift between operating modes depending on the partnership lifecycle and needs of the Partnerships Team.
- Ensure that the team executes and delivers against key milestones.
- Take initiative to manage coordinated partnership efforts across internal and external stakeholders
What You’ll Need:
- 4-6 years experience in a business development, partnerships, or similarly applicable role
- Strong project management skills, methodically organized, keen analytical skills, and dynamic critical thinking abilities
- Well-rounded experience with supporting strategic partnerships across a variety of industries and geographic locations; well-versed in various partnership structures
- Focused experience analyzing current business performance and potential future growth
- Entrepreneurial spirit in identifying partnership opportunities, researching ideas, and finding ways to accomplish creative business solutions
- Experience with, or understanding of, emerging technologies or engineering frameworks
- Knowledge of, or experience with, specific category partners in certain geographic US areas a plus
- Facility with general contract terms and structures
- Both ease and toughness operating in a partner-facing setting
- Comfort with travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required, MBA preferred but not necessary
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit and snacks
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents