Category Editing Specialist
- Location OMAHA, NE
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1559533
What you'll do at
Category Editing Specialist
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Ready to work with a team of bright minds at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to build the world’s most customer-centric home shopping experience?
Hayneedle was recently acquired by Walmart/Jet and is experiencing unprecedented growth. With an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters teamwork and professional development, our business is poised to redefine the way consumers decorate and shop for their home. We are looking for a Category Editing Specialist to build assortment strategy guidelines to create curated sku catalog with strong point of view. The ideal candidate will help drive a strong, curated assortment that establishes Hayneedle as the premiere online Home Furnishings destination. Here’s your chance to amplify the assortment our amazing Category Management team is building! We are looking for a self-motivated merchant or category manager, able to thrive in a fast-paced, results and deadline-driven environment.
This role will report to the Category Editing Manager and will be based at Hayneedle HQ in Omaha, Nebraska.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
- Build assortment strategy guidelines to create curated sku catalog with strong point of view
- Working cross-functionally with Category Management, Site Merchandising, Planning & Pricing teams
- Be a thought partner to Category Specialists & Category Managers, using influence to support Hayneedle’s strategy & customer goals
- Develop customized dashboards and reports to identify sales trends & assortment needs
- Identify & understand competitive strategies & how Hayneedle should work to adapt
- Identify white space gaps with categories, brands & price tiers
- Strategically execute sku rationalization on sku catalog
- Execute category deep dives to optimize attribution, content, taxonomy & experience needs
- Partner with Pricing Team to build strategies to maximize profit & revenue
WHO YOU ARE:
- 1-3 years of experience in merchandising/buying/category management. Experience in Ecommerce is a plus.
- Proven track record of driving and accelerating GMV & profit growth.
- Proven skillset in building assortment plans & partnering with brands to address white space.
- Proven collaborator with outstanding verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of category editing with a “finger on the pulse” of the industry
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical skills and an exceptional ability to communicate new ideas and findings
- Team player who is a self-starter and is able to thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented environment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of merchandisers, designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting things done
- Unique chance to work with our family of brands: Walmart, Jet, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in the growth stage of a business
Meet Our Family of Brands
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents