Paid Search Marketing Specialist at The Walmart Family of Brands
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1557312
What you'll do at
Major innovations. Massive scale. Imagine the possibilities. Did you know the world's largest brick-and-mortar retailer is also one of the fastest growing and most dynamic e-commerce organizations? Led by Marc Lore, founder and former chief executive officer of Jet.com, we're creating an experience that lets customers shop anytime, anywhere — delivering exactly what they want, when they want it. Want to join the team that's changing the way the world shops?
In 2016, Walmart acquired Jet.com and began expanding its portfolio of e-commerce sites. As part of the Jet acquisition, Hayneedle.com (home furnishings) also joined our family. In 2017, Walmart added Shoes.com (footwear), Moosejaw (outdoor apparel and gear) ModCloth (women’s apparel) and Bonobos (men’s apparel) to the portfolio. The result? An unparalleled selection of brands and categories, and a family of sites that provides a great end-to-end experience for customers.
About the Job
The paid search marketing specialist combines analytical skill with marketing expertise to help drive rapid growth for one or more of the sites within the Walmart eCommerce Family of Brands. We are looking for a highly motivated and quantitative-minded individual to find innovative ways to efficiently scale ad spend in Paid Search (both Text and Product Listing Ads) across our various product categories.
- Manage a multi-million-dollar Search budget across PLA and text ads to meet ROI & LTV goals
- Partner with teams across the entire organization to find opportunities for growing the Paid Search program—from working with Engineers to improve our product catalogue processes, to collaborating with Designers to improve our landing page strategy, and everything in between
- Cultivate a rigorous test-and-learn methodology, in collaboration with product and customer experience teams
- Develop auction-winning bidding and optimization strategies that address the complexity of a million+ SKU feed and the numerous associated queries
- Effectively communicate channel performance and test learnings to the broader marketing team, to cross-functional partners, and to leadership. Develop customized dashboards and reports as needed
- Create models to address the marginal value of increased spend
- Build processes to quickly identify shifts in performance and a plan for response
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and tools including 3rd party bid management tools
- Own relationship with Google & Bing and other third party partners
- Set paid search strategy and focus areas regarding campaign expansion and optimization
- 2-4 years of experience managing large paid search, product listing, or other auction based marketing campaigns with a clear ROI/CPA targets for an ecommerce company, retail a plus
- Hands-on experience using a 3rd-party search bidding tool (e.g. Marin, Kenshoo, SA360 etc) and analytics tools (Coremetrics, Google Analytics, Omniture etc)
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics and work with complex datasets to understand performance, optimize campaigns, drive decisions, and measure outcomes
- Comfort with marketing analytics as it relates to marginal investment
- Mobile-first mindset, acquiring and engaging customers wherever they interact with our brands
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or MBA a plus
- Experience in a high-growth retail ecommerce environment
- Google Ads and Bing Ads Certifications
- Familiarity with SQL, MS Access and/or any programming languages
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents