Director, Site Merchandising & Curation
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1555410
What you'll do at
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Ready to work with a team of bright minds at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to build the world’s most customer-centric home shopping experience?
Hayneedle was recently acquired by Walmart/Jet and is experiencing unprecedented growth. With an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters teamwork and professional development, our business is poised to redefine the way consumers decorate and shop for their home.
We are looking for a Director of E-commerce Site Merchandising to help drive online merchandising strategies leveraging web analytics to improve the overall customer experience. The ideal candidate will possess 6+ years of e-commerce experience in a data driven culture and demonstrated experience managing a team.
This role will report to the President of Hayneedle and will be based at Hayneedle HQ in Omaha, Nebraska, or at Walmart e-commerce HQ in San Bruno, CA.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
The Director of E-commerce Site Merchandising will lead a team focused on delivering and executing actionable insights, analyses and recommendations that inform day to day business and long term strategy for Hayneedle.com. This position will oversee, drive and improve processes related to content integration, site merchandising, and onsite personalization. The Director of E-commerce Site Merchandising is responsible for achieving topline and bottom line sales plans, conversion goals, usability performance targets and corporate objectives.
- Utilize strong analytical skills to optimize site features and customer experience
- Guide the development and maintenance of Hayneedle.com so users are able to effortlessly navigate, search and use website features and functionality to create a best in-class user experience
- Oversee team quality metrics and define ways to improve
- Build, oversee and drive storytelling strategy, incorporating business priorities and trends to create market-leading content that drives repeat visits and increased engagement
- Advance onsite personalization capabilities
- Manage, mentor and develop team for future growth within the department and organization
- Continue to review organizational structure to ensure accurate headcount to facilitate the continuing growth of the business
- Thoroughly understand competitive landscape primarily focused on navigation, search, customer experience, and driving roadmap priorities to incorporate into the business
- Identify, recommend and implement strategies that improve visitor engagement and conversion
- Improve customer experience ratings, conversion metrics and profit
- Partner with other Marketing leaders to improve customer acquisition and retention rates
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in e-commerce in a data driven environment
- 4 years of demonstrated experience managing a team
- Proficiency in e-commerce platforms, site analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics and Adobe Site Catalyst), and familiarity with content management tools
- Technical aptitude with web-based tools and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed to meet deadlines and some overnight travel is required
- Demonstrate understanding of retail e-commerce landscape, including “best practice” features and functionality
- Utilize strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to be action and detail oriented, organized with ability to manage teams to execute within deadlines
- Demonstrate strong resource workload and capacity management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple resources, priorities and a large volume of business
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships with cross functional resources
- Analyze and react to quality and performance metrics to drive quality and efficiencies within the team
- Demonstrate sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong decision making skills
- Work effectively with and present to individuals at all levels
- Lead a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Be assertive, adaptable and demonstrate initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Self-motivated and resourceful with a creative mindset
- Successfully manage outside vendor relationships
- Ability to learn and utilize our in-house analysis tools
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of merchandisers, designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting things done
- Unique chance to work with our family of brands: Walmart, Jet, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in the growth stage of a business
Meet Our Family of Brands
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents