Affiliate Marketing Specialist at The Walmart eCommerce Family of Brands
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1553184
What you'll do at
Major innovations. Massive scale. Imagine the possibilities. Did you know the world's largest brick-and-mortar retailer is also one of the fastest growing and most dynamic e-commerce organizations? Led by Marc Lore, founder and former chief executive officer of Jet.com, we're creating an experience that lets customers shop anytime, anywhere — delivering exactly what they want, when they want it. Want to join the team that's changing the way the world shops?
In 2016, Walmart acquired Jet.com and began expanding its portfolio of e-commerce sites. As part of the Jet acquisition, Hayneedle.com (home furnishings) also joined our family. In 2017, Walmart added Shoes.com (footwear), Moosejaw (outdoor apparel and gear) ModCloth (women’s apparel) and Bonobos (men’s apparel) to the portfolio. The result? An unparalleled selection of brands and categories, and a family of sites that provides a great end-to-end experience for customers.
About the Job
The Affiliate Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the affiliate program of one or more sites within the Walmart eCommerce Family of Brands. This key member of the marketing team will help execute an integral component of the holistic marketing strategy.
- Develop and oversee strategy, day-to-day management of, and growth of the affiliate program
- Deliver against sales and ROAS targets
- Partner actively and empathically with key affiliates to help exceed their revenue objectives; inspire affiliate excitement and engagement about our offers and products
- Identify, recruit, and cultivate new affiliate/network relationships that will expand our reach to new audiences, driving incremental business
- Monitor affiliates for compliance of program terms and conditions; assist with fraud detection and investigation
- Leverage internal data, partner insights, market trends, and the competitive landscape to make data-based recommendations for perpetual improvements; consistently innovate, explore, learn, test, execute and iterate
- Evaluate individual placement and commission modification opportunities quantitatively and qualitatively to determine expected results and marginal ROI
- Partner with design team to develop creative assets most appropriate for our merchandise and for the various publishers
- Effectively communicate channel performance and test learnings to the broader marketing team, to cross-functional partners, and to leadership. Develop customized dashboards and reports as needed
- Partner with internal teams to integrate executions into holistic marketing campaigns, supporting seasonal, promotional, and other events
- Collaborate with social team to identify and engage influencers via partnerships or campaigns
- Work with our product and engineering teams to enhance our site and platform as needed to integrate well with partners (EG: data feeds, tracking pixels, tagging)
- Work strategically across the Walmart Brands to find new opportunities and to leverage and cultivate key partnerships
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry; evaluate new technologies, strategies, and tactics
- Think as a general manager, from ad impression through order confirmation. Partner with site merchandising, product, engineering, analytics, creative, and others as needed to drive measurable results
- 3+ years of proven success in managing and scaling an eCommerce affiliate program via CJ or Rakuten
- Strong sales, negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to frame up succinct recommendations for leadership
- Ability to self-start, multi-task, deliver exceptional results and motivate others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic attitude; a passion for affiliate marketing and for using data to drive consumer marketing decisions
- Strong knowledge of analytics, reporting, and data management tools (including Adobe Analytics or GA)
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Experience with CJ AND Rakuten AND direct affiliates
- Experience with paid search, paid social, or programmatic display
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents