Manager, Business Operations - Fashion
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1535294
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground.
About the role
The Fashion team is looking for a Business Operations Manager who will lead, coordinate and execute project plans for the fashion operations group. The Business Operations Manager is responsible for process planning & analysis, program management, and governance related activities for Fashion to drive operational excellence for the overall team. This position reports to the VP, Fashion Operations. Ultimately, your goal is to help transform the face of Fashion at Walmart and Jet.
This person will serve as the main point of contact and communication lead for the fashion team on key operational projects, you will be accountable for successful management of assigned projects while making sure all deliverables are on time & within budget with a positive and fierce go getter attitude. This person must be able to communicate clearly, understand complex situations while being able to explain and digest in a simplistic way, understand the business needs, gather project requirements, set timelines, and manage cross functional team expectations.
What You’ll do
- Partner with eCommerce Fashion Group leadership to drive and support key projects that will enhance the digital experience on both short term and long-term projects and streamline operational processes
- Identify and prioritize key business needs, quickly identifying actions for improvement with an agile mindset to roll new ideas out, test and improve
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and develop clear project plans including timelines, deliverables, value at stake, stakeholder communications, and analyses required
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in metrics and data analytic programs and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Responsible for ensuring project plan is fully up to date, recaps are distributed, and required tasks are completed on time
- Ensures operational objectives are communicated to cross-functional business partners and external partners to raise awareness of business performance and drive consensus to improving operational efficiency
- Manage the continuous improvement of process, tools and people by building a feedback loop with the right stakeholders
- Provide operational support / manage operational escalations for Fashion with cross-functional partners
- Build, develop, and maintain strategic, cross-functional stakeholder relationships by identifying key partnerships across the company
- Manage relationships and communicate project information to all stakeholders at a level appropriate to their needs.
- Organize and lead cross functional meetings to ensure all stakeholders are involved in current discussions and receive clear guidelines on appropriate next steps
- Gather and provide post-implementation analysis ensuring we have the required resources and processes in place for long-term success
- Constantly analyze the ecommerce fashion competitive landscape to understand and influence trends that are shaping the industry
- Be customer-centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences
What you should have (Qualifications)
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retail or related field and 8 years’ experience in business, retail or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of retail experience
- eCommerce, retail and technology experience
- Preferred Qualifications
- At least 2 years’ experience as a consultant / Associate at a management consulting firm
Join a mission-oriented company that cares about customers and the environment: You will be making a real difference by helping busy families save money and time so that they can live better, and you will be part of a company that is using its strengths to promote the well-being of people and our planet.
Be part of a diverse, dynamic and fun work culture: Product managers, Merchants, Marketers, Engineers and Designers collaborate to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture. We’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliantly.
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents