Business Operations Manager, Fashion
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1535294
What you'll do at
Business Operations Manager – Fashion
The Fashion team is looking for a Business Operations Manager who will lead, coordinate and execute project plans for the fashion operations group. The Business Operations Manager is responsible for process planning & analysis, program management, and governance related activities for Fashion to drive operational excellence for the overall team. This position reports to the VP, Fashion Operations. Ultimately, your goal is to help transform the face of Fashion at Walmart and Jet.
This person will serve as the main point of contact and communication lead for the fashion team on key operational projects, you will be accountable for successful management of assigned projects while making sure all deliverables are on time & within budget with a positive and fierce go getter attitude. This person must be able to communicate clearly, understand complex situations while being able to explain and digest in a simplistic way, understand the business needs, gather project requirements, set timelines, and manage cross functional team expectations.
- Partner with eCommerce Fashion Group leadership to drive and support key projects that will enhance the digital experience on both short term and long-term projects and streamline operational processes
- Identify and prioritize key business needs, quickly identifying actions for improvement with an agile mindset to roll new ideas out, test and improve
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and develop clear project plans including timelines, deliverables, value at stake, stakeholder communications, and analyses required
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in metrics and data analytic programs and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Responsible for ensuring project plan is fully up to date, recaps are distributed, and required tasks are completed on time
- Ensures operational objectives are communicated to cross-functional business partners and external partners to raise awareness of business performance and drive consensus to improving operational efficiency
- Manage the continuous improvement of process, tools and people by building a feedback loop with the right stakeholders
- Provide operational support / manage operational escalations for Fashion with cross-functional partners
- Build, develop, and maintain strategic, cross-functional stakeholder relationships by identifying key partnerships across the company
- Manage relationships and communicate project information to all stakeholders at a level appropriate to their needs.
- Organize and lead cross functional meetings to ensure all stakeholders are involved in current discussions and receive clear guidelines on appropriate next steps
- Gather and provide post-implementation analysis ensuring we have the required resources and processes in place for long-term success
- Constantly analyze the ecommerce fashion competitive landscape to understand and influence trends that are shaping the industry
- Be customer-centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences
You’re a risk taker—a dreamer that delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Functional Competencies:
- Experience as a consultant / Associate at a management consulting firm
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated proficiency in general business disciplines
- Analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- Stickler for process and organized project management
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Entrepreneurial mindset: belief in bold ideas and the power of creative thinking to get to “yes”
- Bias for action: desire to test concepts in the field quickly
- Deep passion for retail, eCommerce, and/or consumer technology
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details
- Great team player and collaborator
- Great attention to detail and exceptional follow through
- Interpersonal Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships
- Proven strength in both oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and large groups in a professional, concise and direct manner
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have deep customer empathy, and champion the needs of customers and stakeholders throughout the development process.
- You are intellectually curious, technically savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility.
- Leadership Competencies:
- Ability to model Wal-Mart's three core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence
- The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
- Ability to clearly state the vision and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retail or related field and 8 years’ experience in business, retail or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of retail experience
- eCommerce, retail and technology experience
- Preferred Qualifications
- At least 2 years experience as a consultant / Associate at a management consulting firm
Join a mission-oriented company that cares about customers and the environment: You will be making a real difference by helping busy families save money and time so that they can live better, and you will be part of a company that is using its strengths to promote the well-being of people and our planet.
Be part of a diverse, dynamic and fun work culture: Product managers, Merchants, Marketers, Engineers and Designers collaborate to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture. We’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliantly.
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents