Retail Strategy & Planning Manager – Household & Personal Care
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1532039
What you'll do at
Retail Strategy & Planning Manager – Household & Personal Care
The Household & Personal Care team is working at the heart of the Walmart Ecommerce mission; to save busy families money and time. As part of this team, you will have direct responsibility for the customer experience on everyday essential products that America’s families buy every day – from laundry detergent and paper towels to toothpaste and body wash, and more.
As a Retail Strategy & Planning Manager, you will report directly to the category GM and will partner with leaders across the organization to develop and implement ambitious business objectives. You will play a key leadership role in facilitating and managing the execution of strategic plans, ensuring the organization achieves financial targets while delivering innovative solutions for our customers.
What you’ll be working on
You will partner directly with the GM on strategic projects across Household & Personal Care as well as the entire consumables business for Walmart eCommerce. You will identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting operational recommendations. You will develop straightforward analytical frameworks/models for assessing outcomes of strategic initiatives (e.g., impact on ROI/customer growth, conversion rates, profitability). You will lead the communication and implementation of multiple high priority projects and initiatives across the Household & Personal Care team
You will also be responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that your assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart US eCommerce. You will play a key role in bringing together teams including buying & merchandising, marketing and supply chain. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
Strategy & Analysis
- Identify business improvement opportunities for the Household & Personal Care categories, including both customer facing initiatives as well as internal business solutions
- Provide input into short-and long-term strategic plan for the category or business area.
- Research and mine data, perform complex analysis, and apply strategic thinking to support decisions, to clearly articulate issues that have the largest impact on the business
- Manage and champion business improvement initiatives for the Household & Personal Care team
- Demonstrate excellent communication and project management skills
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in merchandise planning and replenishment and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Analyze financial performance and provide recommended actions to Retail (merchandising, buying) and Marketing teams to drive decision making and develop and execute strategies for category optimization
- Maintain and execute financial plans and open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts for category.
- Lead seasonal buy process across the category.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Replenishment team to support item-level replenishment within complex and high-growth merchandise categories
- Evaluate category inventory and identify, propose and help execute optimization strategies to improve inventory efficiency and category financials
You’re a risk taker with an entrepreneurial spirit. You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You know how to leverage past successes but can also move beyond cookie cutter templates to build innovative tools and solutions. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change.
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years of experience in field that demonstrates high aptitude for analytics and communications, prefer management/strategy consulting, investment banking or planning, buying, replenishment
- Experience structuring analytical frameworks, developing models, and conducting financial analyses using large datasets (expert level experience using Excel)
- Strong problem-framing, problem-solving and project management skills, with the ability communicate insights to management teams (moderate proficiency in PowerPoint).
- Strong customer service focus and team collaboration skills.
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, and more. And we’re just getting started
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents