Head of Design and Product
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1531158
What you'll do at
As a part of the Jet Customer team, the Head of Product & Design is responsible for leading the design and product development of Jet’s core experience across customer-facing touchpoints. This candidate will drive strategy, lead product discovery, define processes and oversee implementation of “best-in-class” user experience and functionality, including top and bottom of funnel areas and automated help and service. The VP Product & Design will oversee planning, ideation, discovery and execution of platform features with the goal of delivering on strategic objectives.
This candidate and his or her team will work with prototyping, engineering, optimization, retail and marketing teams to build out Jet’s customer-facing platform. They will also work across teams company-wide to align others around a customer-facing vision and priorities. We are looking for a leader to inspire and coach a team of designers and product managers to drive high impact for the business and make Jet an essential part of our customer’s lives.
In order to be successful, this candidate must enjoy and have strong experience managing designers and other PMs, managing engineering and design teams, knowing when to step in with process and when to be scrappy as well as have excellent communication and collaboration skills. We are looking for a customer-centered platform leader who is able to champion the importance of customer experience while also incorporating needs across the business. We always have our user in mind and care about how whatever we’re building, big or small, fits into their journey.
The Head of Product & Design will report to the CCO and will work collaboratively with other customer product leaders as well as leaders in design, marketing, retail and engineering.
- Work closely with business, UX and product teams to translate the product vision into an actionable product strategy, roadmap and opportunity backlog
- Lead a team of designers and PMs working across both top and bottom of funnel product areas
- Leverage prototyping in the process of discovery
- Lead a team to develop help and service functionality across the platform
- Lead a team that develops site production tools
- Identify, analyze and prioritize major cross-team features
- Oversee and drive the process of creating intuitive, elegant interfaces that will be used by millions of Jet users
- Work with our all-star build product and engineering team to plan sprints and deliver features and enhancements
- Manage the discovery and design phases end-to-end
- Set processes and frameworks that foster both customer-centered and data-informed decisions
- Set key result metrics for the team
- Foster cooperation and collaboration with the extended Jet team
- Champion the importance of the customer experience within the business
- Find new opportunities and champion them across the company
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents