Senior Manager, Cross-Site eCommerce Business Operations
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1524531
What you'll do at
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to create distinctive and highly-relevant shopping experiences for millions of shoppers on a daily basis? Walmart is building a new type of customer-centric shopping platform at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology, to deliver the most seamless shopping experience to our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Cross-Site eCommerce Business Operations to support the piecing together of our ‘one-stop-shop’ cross-category merchandising strategy. The eCommerce Operations Manager will report to the Sr. Manager, Cross-Site Operations & Analytics and be responsible for leading cross-functional operations and alignment for cross-category experiences and strategic projects on Walmart.com. In addition to coordinating site marketing and promotions, the eCommerce Operations Manager will be the go-to person for day to day cross-site operations and be an expert in all internal e-commerce systems. This individual will work cross-functionally with many facets of the organization and partner closely with the Merchandising, Marketing, Supply Chain and Technology teams to drive business.
What You Will Get To Do
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:Provide cross-functional leadership. Own the end to end cross-functional workplans, processes, and communication for consistently smooth execution of seasonal, micro and cross-category moments across the business
- Problem Solve:Drive analytical and conceptual problem solving across teams for special projects or cross-category initiatives.
- Communicate:Communicate up and down the organization, from driving senior leadership updates and communication to establishing a central knowledge base and collaboration model with cross-functional teams to execute campaigns
- Plan: Set operational plan and communicate deadlines. Envision cross-site execution of pages and merchandising execution. Set KPIs and performance targets for campaign
- Train: Be the expert on internal tools and processes. Organize training for key players on new features and execution plans for key campaigns.
- Execute: Lead site launch meetings and hold key players accountable for on-time deliverables
- Personalize: Align with marketing and personalization teams on strategy and execution to deliver relevant recommendations and optimize conversion
- Define Tools and Processes:Work smarter. Develop processes and provide requirements to develop the tools needed to streamline list management, curation and x-site execution
Who You Are
- Set and Achieve Standards: you are a results oriented, process strong, self-driven professional. Ensure the integrity of the online systems and information through implementation and maintenance of established system management practices, processes and controls
- Collaborative:Piecing together multiple categories, ideologies and business objectives can be challenging. You must be someone who has strong communication and team work skills
- Bleed Numbers:you are highly analytical and enjoy digging into the details (including top and bottom-line sales results, conversion, engagement, etc.) with an understanding of data and engagement metrics and the ability to apply insight to online experiences
- Strong Communicator:you have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple disciplines (from marketers to merchants to technical business owners). Experienced in managing multiple remote partners from scope of work to creative productions, with a keen focus on development of forward-looking user experience strategies Strong communication and team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer
- Technically Savvy:Ability to liaise with IT teams to ensure owned platforms and content management systems support strategic UI vision for the group and its content needs
- Organized:You are a planner at heart, able to coordinate messaging across multiple business units. Excellent project management skills, including experience with content management systems and digital campaign integration. You coordinate and monitor the production of all online content and assets, diving into development & content management as needed. Strong attention to detail; drive the business and perfect the customer experience
- Influence: You will be required to engage across various teams and functional areas to drive results. Tenacity for managing and communicating detailed plans, goals and execution strategies and follow-up to ensure flawless execution. Bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
What We Can Offer
- Opportunity to operate in one of the most dynamic industries in the digital landscape
- Highly engaging, first-hand experience supporting cross-category management of a business at massive scale
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve – you’ll never have a boring day at the office!
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of marketers, designers, engineers and business experts who are focused on getting stuff done
- Opportunity to help drive unprecedented growth
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5+ years of Management Consulting, Investment Management, Corporate Strategy/Business Operations, or similar experience. E-Commerce experience a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of working with and influencing cross-functional teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to break down complex problems and strategize for better solutions
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Confluence
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Open to working in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline driven, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable – a team player!
- Experience in ecommerce marketplace environments and multiple product categories
- Experience working in complex, cross-functional roles in a large organization
- Strong project and site operations skills and keen understanding of website development process
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum processes
- Experience with A/B testing and helping construct marketing campaigns tests
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents