Senior UX/UI Designer, Retail Core
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1520519
What you'll do at
About the Position
As a Senior UX/UI Designer on the Retail Products team, you will design groundbreaking products and tools for Walmart’s US eCommerce Business retail organization. You’ll be working with a brilliant team during one of the most transformative moments in the retail industry.
You will build best-in-class tools for our retail team members to create amazing specialty retail experiences. From ideation to prototyping and testing, you will build the tools and craft user workflows that maximize the effectiveness of our search, pricing, site merchandising and item setup capabilities. Hundreds of category leaders use our tools to drive the customer experiences that touch millions of daily shoppers.
Significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise and business sense are required.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work collaboratively as equal owners with Product Management and Engineering to create amazing user experiences that delight our retail category teams
- Have a client-first approach in driving the design vision and strategy for our enterprise tools that will be used by all of Walmart US eCommerce
- Define the design language and system that will propagate and influence all our enterprise tools used by our Retail Core teams
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to represent the design team and give feedback in product and planning meetings
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research, interviews, usability testing, and other research methods and data analysis techniques to make informed recommendations for UX/UI
- Create wireframes, flows, comps, prototypes, and production assets to effectively communicate interaction and design work and validate ideas
- Actively mentor other designers
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you can drive results and solve problems in innovative and creative ways…
- If you have a passion and curiosity for designing outcomes rather than interfaces…
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world…
- If you have a desire to disrupt and challenge the status quo…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- Minimum 5 years of experience in UI/UX Design, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
- BS/MS in Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or related field
- Strong experience with end-to-end application (web, desktop, or mobile) design
- Experience designing enterprise tools
- Experience working with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapidly-growing environment
- Solid prototyping experience to explore and communicate design decisions/front-end development, HTML/CSS, Sketch, Axure, Adobe Illustrator or similar
- Strong portfolio demonstrating work user experience, interaction design, and visual design required (please be sure to submit a link to your portfolio with your application)
- Experience in retail and/or eCommerce is preferred
- Experience with analytical tools is preferred
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents