B2B Marketing Lead
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1519494
What you'll do at
B2B Marketing Lead – Walmart.com
Business purchasing online represents an almost inconceivable $1 Trillion opportunity. This spend is spread across a wide variety of industries, company sizes, geographies, demographics and psychographics. Walmart is launching a new online platform within Walmart.com to serve the B2B eCommerce market.
As the largest retailer in the world, Walmart Inc. already has a presence in the B2B market, but has never before launched such a massive effort to to speak to those customers directly or built product features specifically to serve their needs. B2B customers shop differently than B2C consumers, so we need to design tools and solutions that help them fulfill on Walmart’s core value prop as it applies to business: Save Money. Work Better.
The B2B team sits within the retail organization and functions like a start-up within the Walmart US E-Commerce.
Our task is to identify our existing customer, define our target customers, and then build the products and services they need. Our end goal is to capture Walmart sized marketshare of this large and growing space by helping our customers streamline their purchasing and leverage Walmart’s scale to save money. Our focus is on winning by providing more true value to small business customers than any other retailer.
About the Role:
The B2B Marketing Lead will serve as a CMO within the B2B core team. You will help to uncover and refine our current customer profile and shape our target customer persona(s).
You will have ownership of a significant media spend across all channels, as well as owning all internal marketing including email and onsite placement. You will work with our site merchandising team to optimize conversion rates and help to provide vital feedback on UX and design. You will be a part of the core business team, working cross functionally with marketers across Walmart to leverage resources we need to be successful.
You will work with Retail Analytics to understand customer behavior and respond accordingly with constant iterations on the customer profile and tactics for customer acquisition and retention.
You will also work with the engineering team to help shape the product build to meet the needs of our target customers in the near and long term.
List of Responsibilities:
- Develop a marketing strategy and media plan to support B2B customer acquisition, engagement, and retention targets
- Own the marketing budget, determining how to allocate funds across channels and campaigns to optimize spend and meet program goals
- Manage all digital channels including Email, Organic & Paid Search, Direct, Paid Social, Display, and Affiliate to deliver on ROAS, CAC, customer acquisition targets
- Launch initial campaigns in non-digital channels including print, TV, audio, direct mail, OOH. Analyze results to assess how and where these activities fit into the overall marketing strategy
- Report on program results and key marketing metrics (e.g., GMV, AOV, AUR, ROAS, Frequency, etc.)
- Analyze and respond to the competitive environment and B2B industry trends
- Define and create customer segmentation strategy and business user personas – understand how Walmart should speak to these customers and differtiate their experience from B2C
- Parter with channel teams and site merchants to maximize conversion rate for all marketing channels
- Work cross functionally with category marketers, seasonal marketing team, channel marketing, creative production, retail analytics, product management, finance
- 7-10 years of marketing experience, with a focus on B2B campaign design
- Minimum 3 years in eCommerce
- Performance marketer with expertise in all digital channels including SEM, SEO, paid social, email marketing, display advertising
- Experience in non-digital channels including print, TV, audio, direct mail, OOH
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance using various attribution models, optimize budget, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
- Start-up mentality paired with experience navigating large corporate institutions
- Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure
- Exceptional leadership skills and management experience – clear track record in building, mentoring and leading successful teams
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents