Senior Manager, People Experience Communications and Marketing
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1514015
What you'll do at
About the role
The Senior Manager leads compelling internal communication of people related work, telling the story of how Walmart is creating an enriching experience for thousands of employees across multiple brands within its U.S. eCommerce business. This person will be a key member of our eCommerce People Experience team and embedded within Corporate Communications.
Duties and responsibilities
Tell the awesome story of how Walmart eCommerce is a great place to work and grow
- Serves as internal communications lead in employee experience team that develops campaigns that bring to life Walmart culture
- Develops creative and strategic communications with a campaign mindset for crucial people focused work, including career development, benefits, high performance mindset, culture and inclusion
- Nurtures key relationships and navigates large scale organization to tailor stories from across Walmart and the Walmart Foundation for the internal eCommerce audience
- Market for our people: from campaign planning, to persona building, you’ll approach projects through a user-centered mindset to activate business goals and our culture with our partners in the people space.
- Works embedded within Corporate Communications to leverage best practices and Walmart Inc. communications expertise
Provides communication support to Walmart leaders
- Provides communications counsel for senior executives and develops communication plans and campaigns to support change management during an exciting, dynamic time for retail
- Serves as employee voice and advocate. Facilitates listening sessions and leader engagement opportunities; drives internal communication as leaders act on employee feedback
- Writes executive communication and produces updates for major events and business meetings
Maximizes impact of internal communication and employee experiences
- Establishes process and best practices to align ways of working across multiple locations
- Leverages Walmart’s internal channels, tools and assets to deliver rich storytelling
- Produces key moments of all hands meetings and corporate events
- Thinks boldly and ties people related initiatives to Walmart’s exciting eCommerce business strategy and growth
You love complex challenges and creating structure around solving them. You’re a risk taker—a dreamer that delivers. You’re a forward-thinker that wants to implement your or others’ big ideas with a positive attitude. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and bias for action
- Strategic thinker
- Deep passion for retail and eCommerce; passion for consumer technology preferred
- Customer-centric and passionate believer that employees make the difference
- Highly organized
- Flexible in your approach and positive in your attitude
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships
- Proven strength in both oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced and actionable analysis
- Fundamentally kind to others
- Ability to model Walmart's core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence, and Acting with Integrity
- Ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
- Ability to clearly state the vision and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, in Communications, Business or related field.
- 5 years of experience in corporate communications, digital communication, public relations, or related field.
- 1 year s experience working in a corporate retail or Fortune 100 environment.
- 1 year s supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents