Sr. Manager, Content & UI
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1503053
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to create distinctive and highly-relevant shopping experiences for millions of shoppers on a daily basis? Walmart is building a new type of customer-centric shopping platform at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology, to deliver the most seamless shopping experience to our customers.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Cross-Site Content & UI and strategic planner to support the piecing together of our ‘one-stop-shop’ cross-category merchandising strategy. This person will support the strategy, development, creation and optimization of cross-site evergreen and seasonal storytelling with editorial content and UI/UX aimed at driving consumer engagement and conversion at point of purchase. This role is responsible for the managing the process for creative development and execution of engaging and memorable online and digital media content. The ideal candidate will understand UI design and have a creative yet organized approach to tackling problems and creating solutions. The Cross-Site Content & UI manager will manage content workflow while also working with cross-functional team leadership to create wireframes, storyboards, and conceptual models for testing and building.
What You Will Get To Do
- Strategize: Remain current with the latest digital trends and technology to keep Walmart's online presence competitive in the online world. Conduct ongoing competitive research and recommend pivots to content and UI/UX strategy. Support the strategy development, creation and distribution of cross-category editorial content aimed at consumer engagement and bottom-of-funnel conversion.
- Analyze: Use consumer data, campaign performance and behavioral metrics to develop editorial programs that are best-in-class, personalized to consumer segments and deliver against key business priorities.
- Storytelling Content: This individual will develop timelines, schedules and processes for streamlining the production of digital content. Coordinate business priorities and incorporate into editorial content strategies to drive demand, especially around key category drivers, vendor and product launches, special collaborations, or other key initiatives. Plan execution of curated "magazine" content for evergreen and seasonal cross-site campaigns that will translate into sales and drive demand across all product categories.
- Collaborate with Cross Functional Teams: Work closely with the Cross-Site Merchandising, Cross-Site Operations & Analytics and Creative, Marketing and Site Operations teams to align on execution plans. Maintain a seasonal editorial calendar and deliverables. Understand SEO components and implications to provide cross-site governance
- Collaborate with Marketing: on omnichannel and seasonal content calendar planning. Ensure prioritized category placements and recommended entry points/links are executed in line with business goals for dedicated cross-site experiences. Solidify deadlines for creative submissions and approvals. Work with email and social media team to collaborate on integrated messaging & storytelling that creates a seamless customer experience.
- Align Marketing and Advertising Teams: Work with Seasonal Marketing and Walmart Media Group to help build and maintain a seasonal editorial calendar that aligns key category and supplier content placement strategies.
- Operate and Communicate: Develop a solid project management process for delivering world-class digital content on time and on budget. Develop operational plans for the execution of landing pages, search pages, site merchandising linking strategies, and campaign activation (in partnership with the marketing leads). Plan and manage visual merchandising placements across the site supporting all campaigns (in partnership with the site experience activation teams). Develop a communication cadence and plan, follow up, and hold people accountable
- Plan and Execute UI/UX Plans: Work closely with the IT organization to develop solutions that are robust, fit into the current architecture and leverage data assets that are necessary to tell the best story online. Work closely with the Site Operations & UX team to ensure optimal customer experience through featured shops within the site taxonomy. Define clickstream journey, landing page execution, and key deliverables for consistent, compelling and authentic storytelling. Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with category teams, product managers and engineers. Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps. Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how site will function and look like.
- Director, Cross-Site Editorial Content
- Omnichannel & Seasonal Marketing
- Cross-Site Merchandising and Operations
- Homepage/Email team
- Social Media team
- Global Site Operations team
- Retail Engine Product UX Team
- Personalization/CRM Team
- Walmart Media Group
Who You Are
- Entrepreunerial: Entrepreneurial spirit and unrepentant creativity for online storytelling and related UI/UX experience. You are up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices
- Set and Achieve Standards: you are a results oriented, process strong, self-driven professional. Ensure the integrity of the online systems and information through implementation and maintenance of established system management practices, processes and controls
- Collaborative: Piecing together multiple categories, ideologies and business objectives can be challenging. You must be someone who has strong communication and team work skills
- Bleed Numbers: you are highly analytical and enjoy digging into the details (including top and bottom-line sales results, conversion, engagement, etc.) with an understanding of data and engagement metrics and the ability to apply insight to online experiences
- Strong Communicator: you have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple disciplines (from marketers to merchants to technical business owners). Experienced in managing multiple remote partners from scope of work to creative productions, with a keen focus on development of forward-looking user experience strategies Strong communication and team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer
- Technically Savvy: Ability to liaise with IT teams to ensure owned platforms and content management systems support strategic UI vision for the group and its content needs
- Organized: You are a planner at heart, able to coordinate messaging across multiple business units. Excellent project management skills, including experience with content management systems and digital campaign integration. You coordinate and monitor the production of all online content and assets, diving into development & content management as needed. Strong attention to detail; drive the business and perfect the customer experience
- Influence: You will be required to engage across various teams and functional areas to drive results. Tenacity for managing and communicating detailed plans, goals and execution strategies and follow-up to ensure flawless execution. Bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
What We Can Offer
- Opportunity to operate in one of the most dynamic industries in the digital landscape
- Highly engaging, first-hand experience supporting cross-category management of a business at massive scale
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve – you’ll never have a boring day at the office!
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of marketers, designers, engineers and business experts who are focused on getting stuff done
- Opportunity to help drive unprecedented growth
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Business, Interaction Design, Architecture or related field or equivalent experience. Master's degree a plus
- 5-8+ years digital content management
- Strong project and content management skills and keen understanding of website development process
- Knowledgeable in wire-framing tools, storyboards, user flows, and site mapping
- In-depth understanding of UI; an understanding latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Artistic eye for design, user interaction, functionality, and readability
- Able to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Mathematical aptitude and problem-solving skills to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum processes
- Strong background working with enterprise-class Web content management
- Experience with multiple visual design programs such as Photoshop or Illustrator
- Understanding of creative development and design process
- Manage all production aspects of all jobs that are handed-off from art
- directors/designers into production
- Manage the organization of final hi-res production files
- Familiarity/experience with photo production
- Familiarity/experience with email marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and as an active member of a team
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills as well as having a strong multi-category point of view including fashion, home, electronics, entertainment and professional, consumer product goods
- Experienced in digital content planning/ editorial calendars
- Proven track record of working and influencing cross-functional teams
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Open to working in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- An understanding of SEO and how to optimize content for target keywords.
- Experience with A/B testing and helping construct marketing campaigns.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents