Planning Specialist II, Home
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1500935
What you'll do at
As a Planning Specialist II, you are a key thought partner for the category managers and are responsible for managing sales, profit and inventory plans for a merchandise category. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale.
- Thought partner for Category Managers.
- Analyzes performance against financial plans and forecast (sales by channel, profit, marketing) for category.
- Summarizes key performance metrics (e.g., in-stock, inventory turnover, return on investment, sales, margin, channel mix).
- Understands business drivers and seasonality of specific categories and items.
- Provides input into category budgets, season buy plans and line review financials.
- Identification of key items and suppliers, including forecast variance to inform Category Planning Manager.
- Forecasts new and seasonal items, special buys and product launches.
- Support OTB forecasting for category.
- Coordinates and completes demand plans for suppliers and models future buying and inventory plans.
- Assists in the development of buying and inventory strategies for the category.
- Analyzes and communicates seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand is met.
- Assists in the placement and validation of orders within a category for key items
- 1 - 3 years of experience in planning, buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
- Advanced Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents