Head of Strategic Management Office
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1500254
What you'll do at
About this Role
As a Head of Strategic Management Office in the Retail Core Engine you’ll be charged with leading strategic definition and tactical outcomes for Walmart’s US E-Commerce Business. Your scope will span e-commerce and omni-channel initiatives intersecting online and offline opportunities. You’ll be working with a brilliant team during one of the most transformative moments in the retail industry.
About the Retail Core Engine:
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product leader within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers. You will be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in a close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to delivery through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmart’s US E-Commerce Retail Business you’ll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com)
- Diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in their fields
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business… partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience
- The ability to influence the direction of a company only constrained by your vision and passion to execute
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
About the Position:
Retail Core Engine is tasked with building the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. The scope of the programs and products we build cross many engineering, product and organizational boundaries. Technical Program Managers take ownership for end to end deliverables leading product managers, engineering managers and senior leadership to scope and deliver critical outcomes.
Within this role you’ll be expected to:
- Drive clear, iterative roadmaps in a highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrate a passion for details with ability to ideate and problem solve actively with business and technical stakeholders.
- Leverage knowledge of software development best practices in a highly interconnected and iterative environment including compartmentalization, interface definition and abstraction principles as applied to team organization and roadmap development.
- Demonstrate strong command of workflows and operationally excellence to ensure efficiency in solution development and clean integration with business practices.
- Lead and measure utilization of all resources
- Be a center of excellence in clarity of alignment and communication to all levels of the organization
Who are you:
- You have excellent data analytics skills with a strong focus on execution
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- You have a “customer service” approach to solving problems
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions
- You empower and inspires your team to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better."
- You have a strong balance of business and technical acumen
- You’re curious and look in places others ignore`
- Minimum 7 years of total work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory/ project management experience
- Self-directed, well organized and have good follow-up skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents