Senior Product Manager, Product Catalog
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1493964
What you'll do at
Senior Product Manager, Product Catalog
This role is part of the Retail Core Engine Product team (see description below). Its mission is to enable great search, browse and shopping experiences by building machine learning-powered products that connect what customers want to our rapidly growing Catalog of items.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Catalog Product team, you will interface with multiple functions including engineering, data science, and operations. You will work with key stakeholders on the merchandising side and define the vision, strategy, roadmap and execution of Catalog services that enable customers to discover all our items across multiple journeys.
You will work on critical Catalog functions including product grouping, item matching and mismatch detection, data normalization, and analytics. Your work will ensure our customers have a stellar experience while they search for and select different variants of the products they seek.
Who are you:
- You are an extremely talented and experienced product manager with a drive to learn, grow and solve tough problems at scale.
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills that enable you to simplify complex problems and evangelize a strategy and roadmap to stakeholders up and down the management chain.
- You have a good understanding of data science with a strong focus on execution.
- You are comfortable working with large datasets and drawing conclusions using statistical methods.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have a “customer first” approach to solving problems.
- You empower and inspire those around you to take action and innovate.
- You are a natural leader with a proven ability to mentor and manage junior product managers.
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience.
- Good knowledge of Machine Learning. Data Science Background preferred.
- Self-directed, well organized and proactive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership/mentorship experience.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and growth mindset.
- Experience interfacing at all levels of the organization, including presenting to
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field a plus.
About the Retail Core Engine:
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product owner within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers at the world’s largest retailer. You’ll be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to deliver through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmart’s US E-Commerce Retail Business you’ll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance.
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com and more).
- A diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in omni-channel commerce.
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business… partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience.
- The ability to influence the direction of one of the world’s largest companies. The only constraint is your vision and passion to execute.
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents