Planning Specialist III, Home Improvement
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1492614
What you'll do at
About the Role
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in development of financial plans.
- Coordinates and completes demand plans for category suppliers/sellers, evaluating new products and assortment.
- Provides input into and assists in the development of buying and inventory strategies for the category.
- Analyzes seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand and return on investment goals are met; summarizes findings and develops initial recommendations for changes.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Analyzes financial plans and forecasts (e.g., seasonal inventory flow plans, forecasts against actuals) for category and identifies potential changes needed to achieve category objectives.
- Analyzes key performance metrics (e.g., inventory turnover, return on investment, sales, margin, product mix) for category.
- Prepares and assists in the execution of category budgets, season or campaign buy plans and line review financials.
Forecasting and Financial Planning:
- Creates and authorizes forecast parameters and modifications and assists in the development and execution of financial plans for category.
- Monitors and calibrates vendor/seller forecasts (for 1P and 3P).
- Sets goals for category teams (e.g., category manager, site merchandising manager) based on forecasting.
- Creates and implements new item/product forecasts.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Places and validates orders within the category.
- Reviews orders to ensure appropriate item-level inventory replenishment, and processes orders for category.<
- Coaches less experienced team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Mentors less experienced Planners.
- Supports training for Planners.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents