Category Specialist 3, Automotive
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1489062
What you'll do at
Walmart.com eCommerce is one of Walmart’s fastest growing and dynamic businesses committed to constantly meeting the assortment needs of customers. The online Automotive Parts & Accessories team is looking for an individual who can collaborate, and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate innovative thinking, learn and use the latest tools and technology – and above all else, think every day about how to best service the needs of our customers online.
The Automotive Category Specialists 3, will be responsible for all category financial and operational goals, the measuring of key performance metrics, and building strong internal and external relationships to drive category growth in the Performance Parts & Accessories category. Additional responsibilities will also include optimization of assortment to enhance the Walmart.com shopping experience.
Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic thinkers, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is heavily cross-functional, requiring working knowledge and coordination with merchandising, marketing, operations, finance, and technical teams.
Ideal candidates will possess general project management experience and should also understand how to use technology to assist in driving future enhancements and requirements for the technology platform.
- This is an ideal role for a candidate who enjoys building a business from scratch and interested in driving significant financial growth
- Own and drive Strategic Category Partnerships with an annual GMV plan
- Continuously monitor all category sales channels for effectiveness and efficiency
- Partner with automotive business partnership and site merchandising to understand assortment needs
- Collaborate with technology, product and, marketing teams to ensure visibility of category assortment
- Secures alignment across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least one year of experience in a ecommerce category manager, site merchandising or, planning role
- Previous online retail or ecommerce experience a plus
- Automotive enthusiast or Industry knowledge is desired
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents