Associate Director, Grocery Marketing - (Jet.com)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1481698
What you'll do at
The Category Marketing team owns the go-to-market strategy for categories and seasonal moments on Jet. Partnering with the Retail team, we build and execute innovative marketing plans based on our deep understanding of our customer’s needs and shopping missions by category. We’re charged driving customer acquisition, retention, and profitability.
As the Associate Director of Grocery Marketing, you will be responsible for developing and executing the Grocery marketing vision and strategy on Jet. In this highly cross-functional role, you will work closely with the Merchandising, Product, Ops, and Finance teams to deliver a best-in-class customer experience and achieve business targets. You will also work within the larger marketing organization as you develop a marketing plan, drive the creative process, and help track and optimize performance. Ultimately, your vison and work will help to increase awareness, adoption and retention for the Grocery category.
You’re an experienced marketer with a deep interest in retail (specifically ecomm) and knowledge of the food space. You love to take risks and enjoy working collaboratively to create and execute on a vision. You have a deep understanding of various marketing levers and how to use them to drive growth and profitability. You have a creative eye, can write a killer creative brief and know a winning ad campaign when you see it. You are incredibly data-savvy and can turn your analysis into tangible insights and strategies (and then implement them). You are never satisfied with the status quo and are constantly looking to learn, grow, and innovate. You love to figure things out on your own. You’re a flexible team player. You have great business sense and know when to trust your gut. You are customer and food obsessed.
- Partner cross-functionally to build a world class online grocery shopping experience through on-site/in-app experiences and marketing communications.
- Grow the grocery category with a focus on driving awareness, acquisition and retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, retention and partnerships teams to meet business objectives.
- Drive the creative process to deliver breakthrough campaigns and assets that bring the Jet brand and the category to life.
- Help build and maintain the category marketing plan, delivering on forecast and budget.
- Analyze data from various sources to inform key decisions.
- Present strategy, executions and analytics to broader team and senior leadership.
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer habits in grocery (online and offline).
- Ideate and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your category across the company.
- 8-10 years relevant experience in marketing.
- eCommerce and/or grocery (food) experience strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and people skills, comfort in working across teams and levels.
- Deep understanding of all stages of the marketing funnel.
- Working knowledge of media channels to engage customers and transform brand and customer experience.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, make quick decisions and measure impact to the business.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Sharp creative eye, experience testing and learning messaging and creative.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects and priorities.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents