- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1479759
What you'll do at
The Walmart e-commerce retail training organization is looking for a passionate and charismatic individual who wants to help others succeed and loves to share their knowledge of retail with others.
This position within the Retail Training Team has the opportunity to change the experience of new Category Specialists, and ensure that each new Category Specialist has the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in their role. You will be on the forefront of building a talented and capable pool of new hires that can drive the vision and success of US eCommerce!
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitate engaging and highly impactful classroom trainings, including a three week, in-classroom, new hire training
- Partner with subject matter experts to deliver engaging classroom and virtual trainings
- Coach new Category Specialists
- Make complex ideas simple
- Deliver exceptional customer service to your primary audience group
- Support Category Managers and new Category Specialists by ensuring all components of the new hire curriculum and assessments are completed
- Drive adoption, awareness, and training of any new category tools, processes and programs
- Provide feedback to Category Managers on the progress of their new hire
- Ensure vital feedback from audience groups is shared with teams that need to know especially as it relates to the improvement of the new hire program
- Act as an ambassador to our primary audience ensuring a great overall learner experience
- Run training completion reports and communicate to business leaders
- Experience training/working within a retail environment, preferably eCommerce
- Excellent facilitation, presentation and training skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have proven ability to adapt to change and quickly make adjustments to plans as needed
- Customer centric mind set
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills, especially Power Point
- Ability to build relationships and help people feel comfortable both inside and outside a learning environment
25 - 50% Travel
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents