Designer, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA OR SUNNYVALE
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1474190
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers
- Collaborate with Art Director, Editorial and Copywriter to create and produce compelling digital solutions that: align with all requirements and business objectives outlined in project initiation documentation and are delivered with brand compliance
- Execute multiple pre-defined creative concepts and design solutions under guidance of Art Director and partners with more experienced creative team members to translate business needs into creative solutions
- Ensure projects are delivered with brand compliance
- Explore trends and competitive landscape and incorporate appropriate use of color, type, tone and editorial style in digital design standards
- Assist AD/Senior AD in developing and communicating brand/visual style guidelines and standards
- Executes solutions, Suggests new ideas, Assists in execution of strategy
- Identifies and escalates issues, Collaborates with cross-functional teams, Translates business needs into solutions, Develops recommendations for innovation
- Provides input into strategy, Collaborates with business partners
- Enhanced people skills, Manages projects
- Bachelor Degree and 4 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 2 years design experience OR 6 years design experience.
- A design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
- Experience with responsive web, iOS and Android
- Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
- Strong interaction design skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
- Excellent grasp of the design thinking and process including Product/Interaction/Visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
- Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
- Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents