Business Intelligence Manager, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1465455
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Want to re-imagine how the world's largest omni-channel consumer database can be used to power targeted campaigns for the largest brands in the world? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart, and are looking for some great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. Did you know that 8 out of 10 people shop at Walmart every year? This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team that's poised to have big impact. Anchored by the world's largest retail audience database, we help brands perfect point-of-purchase advertising, delivering media performance coupled with best-in-class targeting and reporting. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable and we have Walmart's sales data to prove it.
About the role:
The Walmart Media Group team is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Manager to join our Operations team.
- The successful leader will be will be responsible for extracting data, building, managing and maintaining complex analytical models to help drive decisions for partners, advertisers, and clients. Exceptional data and analytical skills will be used to provide best-in-class analytics to a wide variety of business audiences.
- Maintain a robust visualization to support Sales & Advertising performance, Category performance, Customer cohort activity, and Financial Plan/Forecast reporting.
- Define the BI Architecture for dynamic and real-time updates of dashboards.
- Provide data architecture that is flexible, scalable, and consistent for cross-functional use, and aligned to stakeholder business requirements.
- Deliver ongoing and accurate reporting of KPIs for Weekly Business Review reporting.
- Define optimized DB schemas that power the snappy dashboards.
- Publish KPI definitions and ensure they are consistent with Marketing Analytics, Marketing Finance, and Retail Operations expectations.
- Work with BI and analytics team members to assist them in accessing and leveraging key data sets.
- Supports business objectives, provides analytics tools, and training to drive actionable insights into key business performance metrics, including campaign and category performance, marketing vehicle performance, customer funnel metrics, and operational efficiency.
- Define SLA and acceptable time lags by data source, define QA process, and socialize resolution process to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices, Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects, & Ensures business needs are being met. Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent Teradata skills or similar relational database SQL skills
- Excellent analytical skills; excellent at handling large and complex data sets
- Experience in designing and delivering automated Business Intelligence/reporting solutions
- Great communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams, including both business and technical stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in building Visualizations in a Software Engineering role. 3+ years Teradata skills or similar relational database SQL skills. 3+ years’ experience in data analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics position
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, any Engineering discipline, Statistics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Software/Tools exposure: Big data tools – Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Oozie etc. Relational SQL and NoSQL databases. Tableau
- Experience working across various internal stakeholders including Marketing, Finance, and Engineering. Strong skills in communicating technical material to range of audiences.
- Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Exposure to building ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, and workload management.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents