QA Manager, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1465412
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is in search of a QA Leader who will define a process to test, verify, and validate advertising on Walmart properties and ensure that it aligns with anticipated expectations and behaviors - delivering the best user experience for partners, consumers, as well as clients.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for building a team that will maintain and execute test plans manually & via automation across all solutions with advertising solutions.
- Responsible for creating a new process to document issues using a bug-tracking system and communicate issues found, concerns, and feedback back to the team
- Create a testing and release processes while improving, and expanding our test coverage. Triage bugs and identify risks by collaborating with Engineering, Design, Product Management, & cross-functional teams to ensure releases and tentpole events are released smoothly
- Work with Customer Support to reproduce defects reported by clients & advertisers.
- 4+ years experience in software QA Experience testing advertising solutions across desktop, mobile apps like iOS and Android native apps.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong fundamentals in SDLC – Agile / waterfall methodologies.
- Strong technical skills with expert scripting language / programming language experience – Java (preferred), ruby/ groovy scripting
- PL/SQL experience. Good understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience in API testing, security testing, and performance testing. Precision in isolating issues and identifying steps to reproduce
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Positive energy and a friendly collaborative attitude
- Excellent technical understanding, as well as the ability to learn new software
- Sound judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in teams
- Attention to detail and quality in all aspects
- Ability to tradeoff getting tasks done with stepping back to see the big picture
- Expertise in test plan development, including countering confirmation bias
- Proactive problem solver and Team-oriented, self-motivated with good communication and organizational skills. Possess a strong ability to organize and prioritize his or her time
- Programming experience is a plus Test automation experience a plus
- Use test automation tools and manual testing to execute test plans and identify defects prior to release. Experience with Test Case Management and Bug Tracking software is a plus
- Strong domain knowledge in eCommerce and retail highly preferred
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents