Site Merchandising Manager, Children's Fashion
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1463862
What you'll do at
The Fashion Site Merchandising team is responsible for leading the strategy, assortment curation and optimization, site merchandising and development of our customer experience at Walmart.com for the fashion customer. This role, reporting to the vertical lead, will support the Children's Fashion business. Your ultimate responsibility is to collaborate with brands and vendors, marketing, category teams, and product to ensure we provide the consumer the optimal shopping experience on Walmart.com. The right candidate will be a self-starter who can advocate like an owner for their business; drive for action and results; be comfortable flexing between analytics, strategy, and execution; and demonstrate a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and flexibility.
Challenges You’ll Be Tackling
- Help drive category performance: You will be responsible for the site performance of your category on Walmart.com
- Work with product and marketing to build and enhance the customer experience:You will be working alongside cross-functional marketing and product teams to determine appropriate UX and product features; what products are selected, found, displayed; and finally, how it is marketed to Walmart's customer.
- Meeting the needs of our customers: stay abreast of the competition and trends in the category, as well as learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale.
- Curate the Walmart.com Assortment: Manage ongoing optimization for the category and help shape product assortments for Children's Fashion.
- Support Sub Category Perfection: own and deliver on proper taxonomy, attribution, basic & enhanced content as well as strategies to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Executing the optimal shopping experience: collaborate with marketing to create category specific engagement via offsite awareness building, landing pages, cross-category moments, reviews and personalization.
- Help the vertical lead deliver on the Children's clothing P&L.
- Hold a strong point of view on the of the category – it’s role within Walmart Fashion, the competitive landscape, and emerging trends.
- Support on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Be customer-centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences across all platforms. Contribute to product roadmap for relevant categories.
- Work closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (including Design, Copy & Content, Marketing, Merchandising and Engineering teams) to align on seasonal program strategies and plans as well as vendor funding.
- Manage a direct report to help scale operations and tactics.
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic background
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience within e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management
- Fashion experience preferred
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with an ability to see the big picture
- Ability to develop strong relationships (external and internal)
- Highly communicative
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid understanding of the KPIs, financial metrics, and customer metrics that matter when managing an ecommerce business
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment
- Bonus: Familiarity with Omniture Web analytics
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents