Partner Manager, SMB, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1462786
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced sales professionals to help build and sell Walmart Media Group’s advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven and brand building solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The SMB team is a scaled sales team that services more than 1,000 medium-to large-sized advertisers and agencies globally. Account & Partner Managers build relationships and consult with their clients on optimal solution implementation – through service, education, and support. Ideal candidates will have the ability to drive marketing strategy coupled with a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute the tactics. Success in this position requires exceptional consultative sales, coaching, and client service skills; a willingness to experiment; the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment; and a passion for helping others achieve results.
As a Partner Manager on the SMB team, you will report to the SMB Team Lead and use your 7+ years of experience selling digital performance advertising solutions to Walmart’s small and medium businesses. Ideally, you will have a passion for growing revenue and helping clients succeed; have experience in creating and delivering excellent sales operations; have experience in representing an organization both internally and externally. Success in this position requires you to have a passion for leadership, strong analytical skills, a focus on client service, the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment and a passion for helping others achieve results.
- Revenue: Reach and exceed sales quotas while contributing to overall team goals
- Volume: Ability to manage a high volume of small and medium sized business accounts
- Always-On: Implement a strategy for always-on revenue so that the SMB team begins the perpetual revenue stream of the organization
- Relationships: Develop and broaden high-level collaborative relationships, understand and identify contacts that manage multiple budgets (brand, shopper, DR, video, etc.)
- Prospect: Prospect and penetrate organizations to drive alignment and influence executive and day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Measurement & Insights: Collaborate with measurement partners to create learning agenda and to help clients measure the impact of Walmart Media Group’s measurement solutions
- Pipeline: Accurately and effectively manage sales pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities and resources
- Thought Leadership: Serve as an industry thought leader in performance advertising to drive client success leveraging Walmart Media Group’s ongoing product and technology developments. Create and deliver consultative sales presentations using industry knowledge, market trends, and Walmart Media Group marketing solutions
- RFPs: Create and present needs-based solutions and high-quality objective based opportunities to RFPs
- 7+ years experience in digital sales, search, DR, performance advertising, full-funnel platform sales, PMP/automation background
- 7+ years experience managing SMB accounts
- Strong track record of high-level negotiation and successful internal and external relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and diligent follow-through
- Proven track record of successfully reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative sell
- Strong understanding of Walmart consumer behavior and how Walmart helps suppliers, marketers and consumers
- Strong analytical and Excel skills are essential, as well as curiosity, persistence, and the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
- Strong ability to apply operational rigor, methodologies and use technology to execute, assess, and explain complex brand and performance marketing solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, sales, and/or online advertising environment strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents