Data and Analytics Tools Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1458619
What you'll do at
Walmart Media Group’s Operations team is hiring a Data and Analytics Tools Manager to help understand, communicate, and discover ways we can scale or improve operational efficiency. He or she will need to be able to understand how all the Walmart and partner systems interact through the life of the media campaign and reporting deliverables.
The Systems and Tools team plays a key role in Walmart Media Group’s success, supporting Operations, Sales teams, advertisers, and products that enhance business growth potential, while driving the strategy and technology behind the online advertising and platform products we offer.
In this position you will…
- Be responsible for coordinating efforts across multiple teams, such as Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Category Merchants, and Sales. From design and conceptualization through to early piloting and wide-scale deployment, you will oversee the technical execution and business operations of online advertising and platform.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of system and data integrations by providing necessary documentation and guidance.
- Identify gaps and data efficiencies across CRM, Order Management system, and advertising systems to maximize service to advertisers
- Improve Internal tools by gathering and providing feedback to internal cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Engineering, and, our Sales teams.
- Design effective launch programs to ensure that internal tools are usable and serviceable before broad-scale deployment.
- Ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field. Master’s or MBA a huge plus!
- 5 years of experience working with internet products and technologies.
- Experience working in a technical capacity, or directly with Product Management and Engineering.
- Experience with planning, designing, and building Enterprise Warehouse Solutions.
- 3 years of development experience in big data technologies such as Hadoop,Hive, Sqoop, and Spark
- Experience implementing distributed systems in an ephemeral environment.
- Experience building and integrating with enterprise solutions like Salesforce or 3rd party Billing platforms.
- eCommerce supply chain and Backend Services experience
- Experience preferred with interfacing in one of the following database technologies (Informix, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, Cassandra, Cloudera Hadoop)
- Knowledge of publisher, advertising market or online ads landscape.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders; excellent communication, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills, with the ability to pull from many different data sources and provide insights on that data.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are re imagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents