Senior Manager, Drop Ship Vendor (DSV)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1430741
What you'll do at
The Senior Manager of Drop Ship Vendors is responsible for designing, implementing and managing a team that executes the transport and delivery of Walmart.com orders through the Drop Ship Vendor network. This position must ensure an industry leading, highly analytical model that focuses on the delivery of internal and external KPI’s, all designed to deliver a great customer experience. This position implements and manages the processes to ensure that on-time performance best practices and service levels are consistently met for our external customers.
This role focuses on vendor relations, problem solving, and process improvement, and is a key part of growing Walmart.com’s overall business. The Director/Sr. Manager performs many functions involving communication with vendors, customers, and departments within our company to ensure customers receive their orders as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- Define and implement business rules and SOP’s for the DSV network.
- Assists in developing transport solutions and enhancement of best practices.
- Oversees the commercial relationship and leads a quality business review process with carriers and service providers.
- A focus on continuous process improvement is mandatory.
- Effectively communicate to Distribution, Order Fulfillment and Finance expected delivery schedule and potential impacts to targets monthly.
- Drives improvements in customer impacting KPI’s, on-time shipping, on-time delivery, etc.
- Oversees the success and management of all Direct Ship accounts.
- Align with broader teams to target growth opportunities for the Direct Ship program
- Work directly with DSV operations team, at all levels, to coordinate, negotiate and define the “Rules of Engagement”
- Your team is responsible for the development and maintaining of all SOPs, KPIs, OTIF and Scorecards performance for the Walmart.com customer base when orders are fulfilled by DSVs.
- Directly coach, mentor, supervise and develop team to ensure effective execution of shipment deliveries to customers in the US.
- Internally: Distribution Centers, Customer Service, Order Fulfillment, Category, Finance
- Externally: National Carriers, Drop Ship Vendors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of the US distribution industry and transport operations
- Strong problem-solving skills, highly analytical, have proven transport/distribution industry success and influenceVery strong communication skills - verbal, written, presentation
- Strong people management and engagement skills
- 5+ Experience leading Transport/Distribution in the retail sector
- Proven successful tool kit / and process for best in class performance measurement-procedures, metrics, tracking and reporting
- Influencer; able to drive change and innovation across leadership levels.
- 6+ years’ operational experience in Supply Chain, eCommerce, or Consulting
- 3+ years management/supervisory experience
- 3+ years’ experience with Warehouse Management Systems and/or Order Management Systems
- Occasional travel required during the year to work with key partners
- Available on evenings and weekends as needed, especially during Holiday
- MS in Engineering or MBA preferred
- Project management experience highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years experience
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents